Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I recognize those cacti stickers!

Look at these stamps!

I am so happy to have received one of @Ewulotta’s beautiful masterboard earth cards.

@madebyBeaG sent me a belated bday card with her very cool “Love” doodle.

And a family member I wrote to replied. She’s started sewing more this past year, I’ll see if I can get her to join us here!

8 Likes

You’re very welcome x

2 Likes

I got a lovely letter from @Magpie and one of the beautiful watercolor postcards from @Lynx!

I needed happy mail today…I scheduled my hip replacement surgery and am nervous and feel sick but it has to be done!

12 Likes

Glad to hear that! I’m sure there’s going to be a pile of cards waiting for you when you get back from hospital.

2 Likes

It isn’t until the end of May…so I am just going to keep busy and not think about it…

4 Likes

So much HipHappy Mail!

4 Likes

I can sit in bed and write notecards! That will be a nice happy thing to do! Working on some backgrounds now…

3 Likes

Well done you for scheduling it! That’s progress in itself!

2 Likes

I got the best postcard and note from @Whistlefish today, it made my day :grin:

I feel bad that I’ve only managed to send out a couple happy mails, but even my temporary craft space had to be dismantled… Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can get something sorted. By then we’ll have safe electrics, yay

7 Likes

I sent a few more May Flowers today.

Then I opened up my mail from @jemimah and immediately had to pick my jaw up off the floor!!! Oh my goodness!!! Not only did she send me a note with more jellyfish :heart:

but I also got this non-laser-shooting kiwi:

AND

My own @jemimah painted skunk!!!

Aaaaahhh!!! So CUTE! :black_heart: :white_heart: :black_heart: :white_heart: :black_heart:

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

@edel…we know your life is chaotic now…just enjoy the mail and your new space…and, I agree, you are the best!

@jemimah…that skunk is just adorable! Love how you fuzzed out the tail!

4 Likes

Yay!! I’m so glad you like the skunk. I’ve never painted a skunk before, it was a lot of fun trying a new creature :black_heart: :white_heart:

5 Likes

Amazing! Everything about it is wonderful - the tail, the face, the tulips. :heart:

2 Likes

That might be the cutest skunk ever!!

4 Likes

So I inherited my grandfather’s desk… it’s solid! It was a beast moving it in and it’s staying put! The lighting isn’t very good and it was made before the age of computers (so there’s no good way to set one up)… so in the few years it’s been here it’s become a “catch-all” and it’s just a mess :sweat: buuuuuut! Now that I’m writing letters more I think I’m going to clean it up and use it for letter writing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so wish me luck! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

What a beautiful desk!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It even has stamps already! Lol

8 Likes

Look at all those little drawers! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Awwwww, yeaaaah!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My husband is not a big fan of the desk, partially because it has so many drawers! :joy: But I love it! The little drawers along the top have space for labels so that will help once I organize it all :slight_smile: It’s such a neato desk! It has hidden compartments too :heart: I’m looking forward to having it usable!!!

I’ve been half thinking about setting it up for paper crafting too but the lighting is so bad I don’t know if it’s a good idea… maybe if one of my lamps fits :thinking:

7 Likes