Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

What a gorgeous piece! I ended up giving mine to my nephew as I had no place for it…and this past weekend, the twin of your desk was sitting out in the yard across the street with a “free” sign on it…sad that these beauties do not seem to function well in modern days, so I hope you can figure out a way to use it! They make special desk lights that don’t take up a lot of room…the beer steins are also wonderful…I did keep those!

3 Likes

I collect them because my grandfather had some :heart: I inherited his steins also… I like having them on top of his desk :slight_smile: He only had a few compared to the many I’ve added but he is the reason I fell in love with them! :smile:

4 Likes

I love your desk, and I especially love all the drawers. Maybe you could get a clip on desk lamp

4 Likes

For light where i craft i have a tall thin floor lamp. I see an outlet there maybe you could put something there with a swing arm so you can position it as needed and push it out of the way when you stand up? Or one of the wall mounted ones could work, too.

I’m obviously #TeamDesk all the way! Haha

6 Likes

Firstly, wow @Reinikka, that desk is amazing. I have a much smaller version, but nowhere useable to put it in the current house we are living in :frowning: so currently in storage.

Secondly, I am jumping in to this amazing little group of happy mail-ers. I will be somewhat limited due to the cost of sending worldwide from the UK, but certainly some cards and maybe little extras on occasion. Was thinking maybe making up some trading cards to send out with them - would anyone be interested in getting one? I know quite a few people signed up to swap these on the old site and I still love looking at the ones I collected.

I live just outside Southampton, which is a largish city on the South Coast, UK. I work full time in HR within Local Government, which has meant I have worked from home since last March, and this is due to continue until at least the Autumn. I actually had to go into the office on Monday (3rd time in over a year) and was so happy to actually see people without a computer screen between us.

I mostly do papercrafts and sewing, with a bit of crochet thrown in, although I will try most crafts once, as my craft storage will attest to. I am not a huge tea drinker - decaf English Breakfast is about it, occasional Earl Grey. I love real coffee, but not a huge fan of instant - although have discovered sachets of instant Latte, which just about fill the gap. Only real definite "no"s would be anything too gory or anything too sweary. Baby swear words are fine, as are hinted ones with ***, but there are some words I can’t even say in my head, which my husband finds hysterical! :roll_eyes: I love books and anything book related and I love anything Harry Potter themed. I am sure I will think of more to add as I get going :slight_smile:

And I am going to send @Reinikka my address, but feel free to ask as well if you want to :smiley:

10 Likes

So glad you have joined! I have truly loved reading tidbits of peoples’ lives around the country and around the world!

7 Likes

Welcome! :smile: and I am an ATC collector too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That desk is beautiful!

2 Likes

Yeeesssssss. Someone in the UK!!

I’m in Bristol :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to have you in this fun group! I collect atcs, too!

2 Likes

Maybe those of us who collect them need to update our info with a few theme ideas? Or, I guess we can make ATCs in the monthly theme…ha ha ha…right…forget that…I will send out some ATCs…that is happy mail for sure!

5 Likes

I have just realised I missed out a vital piece of information when I used “Trading Card” :frowning:

On the old site there were a couple of swaps set up to swap Craftster Trading Cards, which included your user name, a picture of yourself (which could be in any form) and a few facts about you. This is one of the ones I made -

7 Likes

I have all of them & even some extras, one offs from special requests (I’m looking at you @jemimah, @Lynx). Great swap concept, really awesome fun collecting them.

2 Likes

oh trading cards from this group would be fabulous!

3 Likes

I like those too! :smile: Maybe I’ll make some too…? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I might use a picture of me in a mask…lol…that would sort of fit 2020-21 but not sure it is happy…ugh!

5 Likes

Interactive removable mask? Hmm… I could be talked into another round… swaps still have to be officially approved here or can anybody start one any time?

I think we were just discussing what to send as happy mail…not an official swap…I am trying to think of small things to send and a trading card would fit into an envelope easily…

2 Likes

That is what I was thinking, maybe a set of 9 and tuck them in the next 9 happy envelopes, then make a different set :smiley:

6 Likes

I love that desk with all those little drawers! And secret compartments is such a cool thing! Right up my alley. :smiley: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes