Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I got my new bird pictures the other day so I’ll be putting together some more happy mail soon!

6 Likes

I REALLY want to join in with this (love happy mail so much!!) but I promised myself I would get some of my swap projects finished first. This is such a happy thread!!

8 Likes

woo-hoo Checked the mail box this morning and found some great happy mail from @Reinikka!

She included a red themed ATC for my collection…lovely to have one from you! And the a handmade envelope…thanks!

5 Likes

Yay! Glad you like it! Did you get the Birthday card too? Cause I sent the Birthday card the day before all that other stuff :sweat_smile: lol. Wouldn’t be the first time this month that mail arrives in the wrong order :rofl:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth?! :rofl:

No, I did get two envelopes, but one just had the thing you left out for me to use with the quote inside…maybe tomorrow! YAY! It is my birthday tomorrow, er, today…

EDITED: I just checked Informed delivery! There is another envelope from you today…plus three others! Have to run around doing errands today (nothing fun…doctors, and such)…and our mail runs very late…but so excited!

1 Like

Happy birthday!

3 Likes

Hooray!

Happy Birthday :partying_face:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday! :birthday: :partying_face:

1 Like

Happy Birthday!! :cake: :confetti_ball:

I started on some happy mail things yesterday, it was good to be doing something in my craft space that got taken over by my desk space last year. But it’s a challenge for me, this is not my area. I have enjoyed playing around with things though.

Need some more me time to do more stuff.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday again @AIMR :partying_face:

I have the strongest intentions to finally work on some happy mail as soon as I have finished my swap projects. Since we’re partially back in school (senior classes are back, the other classes are still at home) I’m running low on time and I have too many things on my mind. But I have ordered some more supplies :slight_smile: and I’ve got ideas :laughing:

3 Likes

Happy birthday @AIMR!

I mailed 3 more cards and received some stickers from @Reinikka - they are amazing and just as amazing was the Bette Davis stamp which the post office cancelled with a marker right over her “she’s got Bette Davis eyes”. I took a pencil eraser to it with positive results!

I am a huge Bette fan, I have most of her movies in my digital library. Thank you Rein! You’re awesome. :heart:

3 Likes

I have been trying to save all of the stamps as well…I know they need to cancel them so as not be reused, but really? Some of them are not even recogizable!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone…two cakes in one day is a good thing…waiting for the mail now…I can hear the truck in the neighborhood!

2 Likes

Aaaagh! I hate when the stamps are canceled with a boring marker :stuck_out_tongue: I like the wavy lines best :sweat_smile: Oh well. Thanks for letting me know that you got the stickers!

I sent out three Happy Mails today (slowly making my way through the list of everyone…)

I added @bluebird to the upcoming Birthday list (her birthday is in April)

Anyone else have a March or April Birthday to add to the list? :slight_smile:

And we need to start brainstorming Happy Mail themes for April. We are now in “Mushroom March” for anyone that wants to challenge themselves making mushroom mail :mushroom: :email: :mailbox: What should our April theme be?

Aaaand Iastly, I’m going to setup an Easter Card Exchange in the Lounge in a few days so keep an eye out for that if you’re interested :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I’m having trouble coming up with a mushroom idea, well I have an idea, but I don’t know how to make it happen. Do we want the theme to start with A? If not we could do an April showers (rain) theme. I made a few rain themed ones recently and they turned out cute.

Now onto important news! I received happy mail from @bluebird that was so chock full of goodies it was an actual gift.

Thank you so much! There are cool stickers, washi tape (I love the circus one so much!), stamps, tickets, cookie fortunes! :heart::heart::heart: I can’t wait to play around with them.

5 Likes

You’re welcome! so glad you enjoyed it! :blush:

2 Likes

I almost suggested April Showers yesterday! Great minds…

I think of those cute yellow galoshes…and who doesn’t like saying galoshes?? hehe

Wow, how thoughtful from @bluebird!

4 Likes

April Fool’s? I sort of love that theme a whole lot.

I sent to everybody today except for you, Laura. I transcribed your address without the street #, d’oh. I’ll drop it off at the P.O. at lunch time tomorrow, your 4X6 piece is in there too :).

4 Likes

My uncle was born on April Fool’s! And, a HS friend had a child on April Fool’s. Oh, and there may be some happy mail (finally) heading your way, too! Let the great mail race begin–even with a day’s head start!

3 Likes

I got a Christmas card last week, lol.

5 Likes

After I saw this post, I realized I hadn’t checked the mail yet today. Guess what I found!

Thanks so much, @bluebird! This afternoon I discovered my car wouldn’t start (while I was trying to go pick up dinner!), so this truly was happy mail and a much needed mood booster.

5 Likes