Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Thank you everyone for your answers!

As far as mailing internationally, I sent two to Canada and one to New Zeland today and with the other domestic ones I was sending, it only cost me $5 and change. It wasn’t expensive at all.

3 Likes

I got a pretty postcard from @kittykill also!

2 Likes

Nice to “meet” you & your daughter!
You both sound like lovely, creative folks & can’t wait to see some of those ATC’s posted here as folks receive them
:heart:
Welcome!
(I live pretty much diagonally from y’all – way over in South Carolina) I am a knitter, but am trying to dabble in paper crafts, and have been overwhelmed in a good way by all of the fun happy mail I’ve rec’d!

1 Like

wowzers!

eta: @seeuudee, I like your idea of pulling slips of paper for who to send to that month…makes a little game out of it!

and @Reinikka, your binder idea is so cool also! my mind is swirling with ideas, but I’d better just stick with trying to get a couple more cards done this weekend & out the door, or else I get analysis paralysis & don’t send out any happy mail at all

3 Likes

wow, this is all so amazing!
and I agree about documenting this pandemic season – I was just thinking today
that my unborn grandchild (when old enough to converse about such things) won’t believe the stories we can tell about masks, lack of toilet paper & cleaning supplies, and so much more. And of course, I really should write it down in a journal so I don’t forget all of the details!

1 Like

I had my kids journal a good portion of the pandemic starting when school abruptly went virtual pretty much until we sent them back to school full time. I need to have them write about the vaccine rollout and getting the vaccine themselves, as well as the start to declining cases.

5 Likes

I remember my grandparents were always talking about The War (WWII). I’m sure the pandemic will be like that for us. For the rest of our lives we’ll be thinking of this period of time. My grandmother also shared stories about the Spanish Flu that she had heard from her parents.

I didn’t keep a journal for the pandemic but last summer I did copy a lot of posts that I wrote on here and saved them for the future. I’m not sure if I ever want to revisit that awful period when I had a family member in hospital, but I wanted to make sure that I had all of it available somewhere. Many threads on this forum are like a Covid journal.

3 Likes

It is defiantly something to remember! I actually didn’t know until this hit that my great-grandmother had a child die from the Spanish Flu. No idea but I think this is why she never had any children with her 2nd husband. She had 8 children with her first husband and he passed away. She remarried years later and apparently had a little girl who was 18 mo when that pandemic hit and died from it. They never had more children.
Perhaps I should make a time capsule and bury it but include copious amounts of toilet paper in there “just in case”
Well I now have all June card supplies need to get making those! I am a mass producer I get an idea and run with it. We’re all different so for the newbies feeling overwhelmed its a go at your own pace! Theres no requirement to send to anyone you can pick a few you can choose all. Totally up to you! I like this as its just nice its a time to relax and just give something small that really can brighten someones day

4 Likes

Might be easier to make the flag a part of your profile info… then it gets seen no matter where you are on the site.

4 Likes

Good idea! I updated mine to show that as well.

2 Likes

I’m not getting it I do : no more listing comes up, so I tried typing various flags, it just shows as : and whatever I type

If you have an iPhone you n just use the emojis on your phone- they are all in there.

1 Like

its a Mac I had to open the emoji listing then choose

3 Likes

When you hit the post or reply button, click the smiley face in the menu at the top of the box you’re typing in. That’ll bring up all the emoji icons (tho mine is usually very slow to load) and you can scroll thru.

Once you find one you want, you can copy & paste into other parts of the site, too.

—wait, looks like you already found it!—

1 Like

My great-grandmother had the Spanish flu as well, and she always said that post-flu she was never as fit as she was pre-flu. There’s a lot of attention now for long Covid symptoms, her symptoms were similar. She was still able to function almost normally but she had to take many breaks during the day.

Great idea to put the flags in our usernames, that saves @Reinikka a lot of work!

New happy Happy Mail from @kittykill @Bugaboo @Immaculata
Thank you, wonderful people!

6 Likes

Bahahaha! :pirate_flag:

6 Likes

I can’t make the flags work.
Do you post them in the ‘name’ part of your profile?
I can copy the flags from for instance @Immaculata and paste them into mine, that works. But if I make a post and find the Belgium flag (which I cannot copy from any of you…) and click ‘copy image’, nothing happens when I try to paste it.
Could it be my system (Windows, Firefox)?

Make it simple for yourself…when you go to your profile, where your name is and any other info, type in a colon, Belgium and then a colon

:belgium:

1 Like

Happy mail from @geekgirl with some awesome astronaut cat stickers and a cool envelope that deserves to be reused somewhere else.

Then a lovely June to the moon from @Ewulotta
I love these brown card backgrounds and the pretty cards you make.

And last but not least, a happy May card from @Bugaboo I love the pretty bird with glittery wings

Thank you everyone, you are awesome :star2:

8 Likes