Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Ha! You are a Magpirate!

I used my phone to get on the site (I actually usually use my phone) so it was an easy update for me to add the flag. But yeah, if you tap the smiley face at the top of the box that is used to create a post, you can find all the flags there. It might take a minute to load.

2 Likes

Heeheehee :innocent: I added icons next to everyone’s name in the first post. Please check to be sure I gave you the correct stereotype reference :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

It’s all in good fun! I didn’t want to put flags because I want there to be some privacy for those that want it :slight_smile: Let me know if you think there’s a better icon/emoji to use :wink: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

…is that a… cow? :thinking:

(I would have thought the bald eagle was more traditional…)

1 Like

:rofl: That’s so funny! German drunkards :beers:

1 Like

lol I was going for stereotypical. The first thing I thought of was guns but I hate guns :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so I went with a cow intstead :sweat_smile: the runners up were :hamburger: and :cowboy_hat_face: I suppose I could switch it to the magestic :eagle:

lol, so glad you aren’t offended!

2 Likes

I got a lovely flowery card from @Bugaboo so cheery. And I thought I’d already posted it on her thread, but I can’t find it (I’m clearly losing my marbles)

And this really pretty one from @Ewulotta

I love happy mail and I live you guys. And I finally have a batch of mail to go out tomorrow

8 Likes

Don’t worry! I think it’s hilarious that beer is what people think of first when they think of Germany :joy: :innocent:

1 Like

I think of saurkraut! But there isn’t even a cabbage emoji :pleading_face:

@Reinikka hockey? Nnnnooooooo!!!
There’s no beaver, no syrup, no mountie emoji, sigh. This will have to do:
:maple_leaf:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the lederhosen :joy:
The only other emoji that would represent Germany is the pretzel, I’d say. But I like the beer (although I don’t drink beer at all)

1 Like

@Bunny1kenobi, weird how they canceled the corner across from the stamp. Please tell @toadiscrafty the photo is gorgeous.

@bluebird , the girl made me smell every scratch-and-sniff sticker, lol.

@Bugaboo, the layers on your card are Fabulous!

6 Likes

:rofl: I looked for syrup first… then almost used :pancakes: …then alllllmost used :maple_leaf: but thought it was too on the nose :innocent: But I’ll change it for you :kissing_heart:

Oooooh! That’s a good one :heart: If I ever change it I’ll us that! :pretzel: (yum!)

2 Likes

Aw, you rock. Sports are icky, lol.

3 Likes

It’s just such a dairy cow! :laughing: Range cattle account for a lot more of our geography (but they don’t seem to have an emoji for them…)

I could definitely see the burger, tho.

3 Likes

wow, very sobering to think of your great-grandmother losing a child to the 1918 pandemic…

and I had to smile about the time capsule with t.p. in it

hah! you little pirate :slight_smile:

:cowboy_hat_face: is what we Europeans think of when we think of your country! Don’t tell me your husbands don’t all look like John Wayne. For Belgium the first thing I think about is :beer: too but their :chocolate_bar: is the best. I’m rather relieved my country is :tulip: and not some other plant but it looks like there’s no emoticon for that one…

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve tried and tried, but it doesn’t work for me. I don’t get an emoticon, just the text with the colon in front and behind.
The only way I can make it work is when I copy the actual flag from someone else’s profile into mine. But nobody else has got the Belgian flag.

1 Like

Can you copy this one? :belgium: Or does it have to be in the profile?

1 Like

No, I can’t copy that one, just like the ones I make in my own posts.
I can do ‘copy image’, but I can’t paste.
I CAN copy and successfully paste the ones in your profile to my profile (but need a Belgian flag).
It’s strange, right?