Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Ooh, my secret admirer boyfriend Brunny graced my mailbox today. Mmmmm

2 Likes

Brunny has been admiring a few of us :rofl::heart:

3 Likes

Late to getting ATCs but creating tonight.

Thanks to @madebyBeaG and @bluebird for Happy Mail :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Oh, my! I received happy mail from @madebyBeaG simply filled with papery goodness…those custom stickers are so neat. Dank je wel!

3 Likes

I received happy mail from both @susieoregon and @endymion this week. Thank you both!

3 Likes

I also received from @endymion today. The grosbeak card is perfect!

2 Likes

I received from @endymion today too!

2 Likes

Also part of the @endymion wave :laughing: .

3 Likes

I received Happy Mail from @Ewulotta today.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

I have finally figured out why some of your happy mail didn’t show up, even though it showed up in the informed delivery app. We already knew our mail would often be delivered to a house in the next street with the same number, but a friendly old lady lives there. We exchange mail all the time. I just figured the missing mail was delivered to someone else who wasn’t as friendly and that’s why it got missing.

Well, turns out our postman was caught stealing mail the other week! It was on the news yesterday but it he was caught a week earlier. Since our regular mailman was replaced that week and our street was in the list of potentially affected addresses, we think we know who it was. An older man, a bit dishevelled but seemed friendly enough. He stopped coming into work last week, work tried to reach him, someone went to check up on him, something worried them enough to call the police for a welfare check. Police found him in the middle of thousands of undelivered envelopes. It was found in such a condition that they’re not able to deliver it anymore and will be destroyed. He took a few envelopes here and there for years, which is why no one noticed. He was not arrested but referred for mental health treatment. Sounds like some sort of hoarding issue. So if you never heard back about the mail you sent me… this is probably why.

9 Likes

Thanks for the card @Lynx … I hope your birds return soon

10 Likes

What a bizarre missing-mail drama! At least you have an interesting story to tell. Never trust a disheveled postman!

1 Like

I received a wonderful card from @endymion yesterday as well!

2 Likes

@Immaculata Wow! That is crazy! Hopefully things get better now.

Wow, that’s so strange! Good to hear the mystery is solved and the man is getting help.

I got beautiful mail from @bluebird and @Amfkinney this week - thank you so much! Life/work has been very busy lately, and it’s so nice to feel that I am still in touch with my Lettuce friends :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I hope its still ok to join. :slight_smile: I would love to participate in this craftalong, even tho Im on a tight budget, so I wont be able to send as many Happy Mail as I would want too.

Hello,

I’m Josefin from Sweden, living by myself with my old hamster boy. I like dogs and animals very much (had a dog, but not at the moment), reading, crafting (sewing, crochet, knitting, embroidery is what I usually do), writing (I try to write creatively and some poetry).
I haven’t done much paper craft, but I think this is a good opportunity to try some.
My birthday month is in December.

You are free to send what you want, but please no glitter, spiders or creepy crawlies. Just a Happy Mail is enough and well appreciated! If you want to send extras I like ATC’s, washi tape and stickers (things to put in my bullet journal).

12 Likes

Received happy mail from @Renstar today. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Of course! Welcome to Happy Mail :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

@Immaculata wow thats something one cannot even make up! Hopefully he gets the help he needs!

My crafty space is coming along well now I need to get to making and sending :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another piece of Happy Mail is on its way!

6 Likes