Happy Mail Craftalong 2023

Re: mail arrival times

I’m not sure why, but the post I’m sending to the US is taking longer to arrive than the ones I send to Europe. I’m in Canada, so I find this very odd.

7 Likes

It’s the same for me, sending and receiving is faster from Europe than the US.

4 Likes

Be sure to show us your results :smiley:

4 Likes

I received this sweet postcard from @Immaculata today …

9 Likes

When we lived in our temporary place, there was only one little shop nearby, and they sold these bird cards. Since all the birds and animals are my main memory from that period of time, I figured I need to get some of those cards! These are all common birds here, but I’m not sure how common they are on your side of the Atlantic. I know I don’t recognize a lot of the birds that the bird people here post pictures of.

It looks like most of my “test round” of happy mail has arrived, so I can send a second, bigger, batch soon. Last year a lot of my mail went missing but hopefully the issues have all been solved now.

6 Likes

I received some happy mail from @LindyBlues! She even made a sweet little bluebird ATC for me, thank you! :blush:

atc

7 Likes

There are 4 shown that we get here but 2 of them were brought to North America from Europe years ago, they are considered invasive species. We have some birds with the same names but they don’t look alike, the Robin, for example.

3 Likes

I got happy mail from @Cindy and @bluebird on Monday; they totally made my whole week!

It was so sweet of Cindy to send me some cool stamps after I commented on them :heart: Totally unexpected and it made me so happy :blush:

And I love books and board games, so Bluebird’s stickers made my day, too! I already used a couple before taking the photo, hence the missing portions :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I forgot to mention a couple of these stamps are really special to me, because I’m a Queen’s grad (class of '06) :blush:

4 Likes

I added those because of where you live but didn’t know you were a grad from Queens. So is my dad, he graduated in 1962.

4 Likes

That’s awesome :blush:

2 Likes

Oh how fun!
And the bluebird is so sweet!
@LindyBlues

2 Likes

I just cleaned out and organized all my mailing stuff, updated my address book, and am making new notecards and other happy mail things. Ready to send out some mail after this weekend!

BTW…wondering what everyone does with all the happy mail? I punched a hole in the corner of the cards I got and put them on a ring, but, then what? I am thinking that some sort of journal or book could be made…any ideas?

4 Likes

Ill send you a pic of my memory book when I get home :slight_smile:

For the stickers and such, I use them for crafts and other mail :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I received from @Renstar today, thank you.

Update to my address … no need to put Rte 315 on the envelope any longer.

6 Likes

Again, not too bad a turnaround. Address updated :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello @AIMR!

I keep some cards people send me in a binder, in sheet protectors.

I use the stickers and other small items in crafts and in happy mail for others.

And I do this with the rest :smiling_face:

A while ago, I bought some sketchbooks and altered the covers to make different types of journals. The one housing these items has this cover:

11 Likes

Very nice! Do you remove some of the pages as it gets too thick? I am going to play around this weekend and see about binding some of the cards together to make sort of like junk journals, only with happy mail…I hate that most of them just sit in a box…I would like something I can look through as many of them are very inspirational to me in making my own art…thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

I don’t remove pages; I buy spiral-bound sketchbooks because they’re generally more tolerant of getting a lot shoved in them, lol.

Binding books myself is something I aspire to learn to do in the future.

7 Likes

I should have put my address update in a separate post, it wasn’t just directed to you :smiley:

Hopefully everyone will see there’s no need to have Rte 315 in my address any longer. Makes it easier to fit on an envelope.

7 Likes