Happy Planner Reuse

I’m going on the assumption that a lot of people know what a Happy Planner is, but for those who don’t….it is the calendar books that are held together by pretty little round disks. I got myself a cute Mickey Mouse one last year that I wanted to keep reusing because, let’s be honest, they’re not cheap!

I book a couple bands and having multiple calendar books is not appealing to me. Having everything in one place is though. I’m still holding onto my Mickey monthly dividers because I am going to work those up to use again. I’ve already figured out a way even though they are from 2022.

For the bands, I don’t need daily calendars. I just need the monthly plus other spreadsheets that I deem necessary. I print them and cut to size with a paper trimmer. Pulled out some plastic folders, the Cricut my Happy Planner punch and the P-Touch and went to work. I’m sure I could’ve had the Cricut cut the punched side but the punch just seemed a little easier to me since I had one.

It was hard to get a pic of them in the book, so they’re all sprawled out here instead!

5 Likes

Nice reuse! Especially since you found a planner that you really like and are used to!

I like those circular disk notebooks because it is easy to add or take out pages (as long as you have a punch)…I have been using the same ones now for many years, because, as you said, the initial cost is pricey!

Love the dividers in beautiful red!

1 Like

When I get the other part done for the reuse of the tabs, I’ll post that as well. Just don’t toss your insert pages.

1 Like

Ok. I got my planner tabs set and took photos. If you take the monthly tab and the last page from that month. The backside of the last page of the month is typically a “notes” page.

I thought about sending the calendar page through the Xyron, but in the end went with simple double-sided tape! I placed it close to the edge of the calendar side of the notes sheet. Leaving the pages on the ring to keep them straight seemed to work ok-ish. When I got them off-kilter I seemed to be able to pull it apart and recenter.

You don’t even realize it’s two sheets especially since you’re turning using the tab anyway. Oh and to keep them usable year after year just use post-it’s if you want to use the notes side.

I then print my own calendars. Right now I’m not doing the weekly calendars but just monthly because I’m having to keep up with my calendar plus two bands at the moment. So weekly just doesn’t work.

I took each page and got the measurements, then adjusted the margins before printing to make sure they would fit. Make sure you adjust for the punched area. Just use a paper cutter to cut to size and the Happy Planner punch to prep each page.

1 Like