Happy, Scrappy Front Door Wreath

I have been working on this project on and off all summer. All yarn was in my stash and I’ve had the styrofoam base for a long time (years) just waiting for me. Finished piece:

My inspiration came from this website: https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2012/05/may-rose-wreath-ta-dah.html

I read that post 8 years ago and now I’ve made it. Haha. She has lots of patterns for flowers and leaves - just be aware she uses UK terms which can be confusing after a couple glasses of wine. :slight_smile: The yarn I used to wrap around the base was not enough so I used another color that matched fairly well to finish and then put the flowers on top of that.

Here’s some progress shots:

Because the base was styrofoam I just pinned the flowers on with straight pins. I didn’t have a lot of ribbon, but I liked how the hot pink looked so I went with that.

Thanks for looking!

25 Likes

I love the multicolor scrappy feel of the top and the flowers are so festive!!

1 Like

I love it! And it’s perfect to display year round

1 Like

That’s so cheery and welcoming! It goes very nicely with the colors of your house, too. It’s hard to believe it was all stash, it’s so well coordinated!

1 Like

This is so cute and cheerful. Adorable. I like that you made different types of flowers too.

2 Likes

That is so pretty!

1 Like

I love the scrappiness! The flowers just bring it all together. Adorable.

1 Like

What a cheery welcome for anyone who visits! I love the gentle transition of colors. You did a great job on this!

1 Like

So cute and cheerful!

1 Like

Very cheerful! Very pretty!

1 Like

Thanks you guys!

1 Like

Very cheery! :slight_smile: :cherry_blossom: :rosette: :hibiscus: :bouquet: :tulip:

1 Like

It’s a little bit Molly Weasley-esque! Love the scrappiness.

2 Likes

I love that! And you are right!

I love it! I’ve has a wreath like that on my to-do list for only 6 years so i can procrastinate another 2! Woohoo! Haha!

I love the attic 24 aesthetic as well, so cheery!

2 Likes

This is so lovely! I would love to own something like this :smiley: Maybe one day I’ll have a go at the tutorial, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Scrappy Front Door Wreath is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Thanks for all the love!

Lol. I had considered several times donating that foam base and I’m glad I tucked it away in the file cabinet now.

1 Like

That came out really well, so bright and cheery!