I made this book for a swap. This is the first time I tried to make a book an actual size. I was going for A5. Before this book I was only vaguely aware that’s that is a thing. This is also the first time I attempted to cut down/ shave down the signatures to make the edge flat. This had only limited success. It worked ok when it was clamped but my binding was a little weak and they got uneven and a little wobbly.
I chose black fabric with cats, a polka dotted button and I snipped off just a smidge of ribbon from another hand bound book I have and added it to this one because it was too perfect with the cats and button! I did get glue everywhere and it left splotches on the cover. But hopefully it makes the sketchbook less precious and more useable!