Harley Slingback and welding cap

This is my Dec strike fabric and I finally got to make something for my son. Being 17, he can be picky :sweat_smile:
So made him a welding cap for school (he LOVES welding) and a sling back. Since the harley fabric is so busy, it made a perfect lining. I added a little skull concho I got from Tandy Leather.
This bag has a TON of pockets which is pretty nice. I also did a little hack, the bag gusset was too long for the front and back, so instead of resizing it, I made little pleats in each corner to give it a diliberate design feel๐Ÿ˜†
It worked out pretty good as you can see in the last picture. Now my husband wants one too

18 Likes

Very cool projects! And really spot on for a grown-up and masculine look.

2 Likes

These are awesome! My son would love them, too!

1 Like

Those look fantastic! I also have teenage welders and would love to make some caps. Did you use a pattern?

1 Like

That is an amazing project

1 Like

This bag is just the coolest. My son uses a sling bag (heck so do I!), and this design is definitely superior! Love all the interior space.

1 Like

Thank you, yes I found a free one online, eith no instructions and then found a youtube video walk through :blush:

1 Like

Great bag!

1 Like

Awesome bag and hat! Lucky son!

1 Like

:eyes: Great googly moogly! :eyes: Your craft is one of this weekโ€™s Featured Projects! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

wow that is nice - the cap and the bag!

1 Like