Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Sept-Dec 2023

Aww! He’s so cute! He looks like he wants to be picked up.

1 Like

I’ve gotten so behind on posting! Here’s a bunch of stuff I’ve done since my last post in early September. :joy:

Project Title: Strawberry Shortcake Costume
House: Gryffindor!
LC Contest: Halloween Costume Contest

Project Title: Strawberry Shortcake Candy Tote

Project Title: Huckleberry Pie Costume
Headmistress Challenge - October

Project Title: Purple Pieman Hat

Project Title: Pieman’s Berry Pie

Project Title: Diamond Trip Quilt
A stash busting quilt, that is finally out of the WIP pile!

Project Title: Have a Heart Quilt
Another quilt top out of the WIP pile! I’m so happy to have both of these done.

Project Title: Rabbit Lino Block
I created the lino block in a class on lino block printing that I got to take with @endymion a few weeks ago. It was so much fun! I just barely finished my block in time, and needed to fine tune it at home, so I haven’t made prints with it yet. Hopefully I can make several as Christmas gifts.

Project Title: Blue Dragon Coaster
Swap Item: Make a Pouch & Fill It R2

Project Title: Girly D&D Patches
I couldn’t resist making a set of these for @jillybeans in the Make a Pouch Swap. I felt like D&D is so often marketed towards men, and that the image of the average player is male, and that sometimes female players are either overlooked or not welcome in some circles. But there are so many women who play! So maybe something that reflects that diversity was in order.

Project Title: Red/Black D&D Ornaments
And since the files stitch up so well, I did a set in traditional red & black for her Christmas tree too.

Project Title: Blue Dragon Needlebook
When I saw this I absolutely had to make it for Jill. Everything was from stash, and it went together so nicely.

Project Title: Purple Dragon Needlebook
Admittedly I was completely jealous of the needlebook I had made Jill, so I immediately made myself one too.

Project Title: Birthday Flower Crown
We had friends over for my birthday back in September. I was decorating with my favorite theme (skulls) when I realized some of the kids might find it weird, so I check in with the moms. Turns out the kids liked skulls, and my friend Melissa said it would be a bit like Dia de los Muertos for them, which put a flea in my ear. I ended up getting up early on my birthday, and running over to Walmart to pick up a ton of fake flowers, so I could make myself a crown, and then let all the kids make one of their own too. I forgot to get pics of the kids crowns, but they had a great time.

6 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

There is a new Headmistress Challenge posted!

3 Likes

Soany amazing projects! Your little Strawberry Shortcake is just too adorable!

1 Like

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

I miss this craftalong. This semester has just been really busy. But I’m going to post more here.

Here is an eye I painted. I’m teaching myself painting with like, and of course I want to do really realistic faces.

House: ravenclaw
Project: elements of the face studies in oils

Here’s the eye

And the nose, I’m happy with the shape and shading, but the colour is too washed out.

And that folks is about as much crafting as I’ve done in weeks. My sewing machine is getting dusty!!

I also painted these boots, they are A2 size and are props for a production of kinky boots that my daughter is in.

6 Likes

Project Title: fingerless gloves
House: Slytherin
I actually did something start to finish this week. A November b’day is coming up and i’ve wanted to do these gloves in this yarn for it for months- and I actually did! Who even am I right now? Lol

4 Likes

They are really pretty, I love the colour

1 Like

Harry potter ornament swap, who’s in? Short sign up time to get stuff on trees before Christmas :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thanks!

I’m giving this real thought. I’d like to, gotta work out the “responsible adult” logistics. (Borrrrring!) lol

Project Title: Resisty the resistor
House: Hufflepuff
My bestie, who is an electrician, has his birthday soon. So I made a resistor for him. Just for fun! And Im sure he will like it.

Project Title: Xmas socks for my brother
I gave my brother socks two years ago for xmas, and he have told me he uses them often. So I thought he need another pair. (Now I need to make for the other brother too, the never-ending-sock-knitting :joy:)

5 Likes

Project Name: Rosy Wrist Warmers
House: Slytherin
I made these for my SIL’s birthday. The yarn is from stash, originally purchased to make a requested amigurumi unicorn - request was cancelled, stash was absorbed. :joy:

4 Likes

Project Title: Special scrap zipper pouch

Meant to be for the STS, but just didn’t get it done in time. I’d been hoarding this particular scrap fpr a while though, so glad for it to become something usable.

6 Likes

Project Title: Fingerless mittens for mum
Made a pair of fingerless mittens for my mum. She is a bit frozen, so maybe this will help in the spring and autumn when its not really mitten-weather. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is a new Headmistress Mission for December!

2 Likes

Not a batch, but a pair…

Project Title: Silver Snowflake Doll Dresses
Working on some Christmas sewing and trying to use up some scraps. This one is all used up.

5 Likes

Keeping on our Red theme…

Project Title - Scarf Shirt Protector
House - Hufflepuff
My mother needed something to help keep her clothes clean that doesn’t look too much like a bib. The ends of this scarf can be pulled together to cover the front of your shirt while still looking fairly reasonable.

4 Likes

That’s a very lovely solution to the problem - the combination of fabrics is really pretty.

Hm, I think I have finished a couple of more projects since my last post… :slight_smile:

Project Title: Polar bear
Finally having access to an embroidery machine, I couldnt resist making a polar bear, even though I didnt have pink for his cheeks. This one is for me. :smiley:

Project Title: Small capybara
Was going to participate in a crochet-along for 7 days, but only did the first day, since I was a bit stressed about making xmas presents. But this one is cute.

Project Title: Niffler for Edel
Making a christmas ornament with HP-theme, and not and owl… Hm, what about a Niffler? He would surely love to be in a sparkly xmas tree?
IMG_20231205_134303335

Project Title: Tiny hen for my brother
My brother got chickens this year. So for something fun for xmas I made him a tiiiiny chicken.

Project Title: Bunny in a hat
Wanted something new and I love these easy to make-animals (and dolls) so I bought the bunny pattern. And made one just for fun.

Project Title: Sausage dog with sausage scarf
Participated in another crochet-along and we made a sausage dalmation dog, with a sausage scarf. Fun to make, and I decided to give him to my (second) brother for xmas.
IMG_20231219_160047637

Project Title: Patched for my bestie
Im not sure if these counts or not, but I add them anyway. :slight_smile: My bestie drew the figures years ago, and I saved them. For xmas this year he got some pillowcases (that I didnt take a photo of!), and I thought that was a bit boring, so I made him these patches. I used the pics he drew and made the digitalizing myself and then chose colors and the machine did the embroidery. (Its ok if they dont count, but I wanted to show them anyway)
IMG_20231220_160054510

3 Likes