Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Sept-Dec 2023

Project Title: Large Sari Silk Bowl
House: Gryffindor!
More Sari silk bowls, and some coasters for my dad’s birthday.

Project Title: Medium Sari Silk Bowl

Project Title: Sari Silk Coasters

Project Title: Purple Rope Trivet
And a trivet for mom’s kitchen, so she wouldn’t feel left out.

Project Title: Purple Cord Catchers
Swap Item: LC Grab Bag Swap
I made two of these for my two partners in the Grab Bag Swap, but forgot to get pictures. I snagged this one from kayrun’s post in the gallery, hence all the other stuff around it. The fabric is some of my solar printed cloth, and I was able to use up some ugly ceramic and glass beads as the weights inside.

Project Title: Scrappy Dishcloth
Swap Item: LC Grab Bag Swap
When I made up my two packages for the swap, I had a lavender purple dishcloth for one, and for the other a bar of lavender soap. I decided to make it more even by including a scrappy dishcloth with the bar of soap package, and a scrap of soap in the solid dishcloth package. I love how cheerful this scrappy little friend came out.

4 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

The morning zoom call gave me the opportunity to weave in some ends, so I finally have something to show for myself. Fair warning that all I’ve wanted to knit this year is doll sweaters and dishcloths.

Project Title: Brown Variegated Doll Sweater
Hufflepuff
In the realm of looking for things to use up sock yarn that isn’t a pair of socks, we have a doll sweater for busty dolls (short row shaping in the chest is quite noticeable). This is my 2nd sweater using this pattern and this time around I went with garter stitch edges instead of ribbing.

Project Title: Pint Size Dishcloths
Hufflepuff
The standard Granny’s dishcloth but made slightly smaller to get two out of an undersized skein. Started the decrease at 40 sts instead of 45.

Project Title: Headmistress’ Challenge September - Quarto Bookbinding
Hufflepuff
I got back into bookbinding over the summer. This is my 4th project of the recent rekindled interest and I am super happy with it. 120 pages, quarto size (quarter of US letter). Except for the filler paper all the materials (book cloth, binding board, scrapbook paper) had all be in stash for 10+ years.

6 Likes

Project Title: Tea wallets for STS
House: Hufflepuff
LC Swap Item: Shop The Swap

Procrastinating on my bigger sewing by making tea wallets for the STS. I used the tutorial here:https://justjude-designs.com/teabag-wallet-tutorial/

5 Likes

That’s so cute! I love the fabrics.

@fishstix43 A tea wallet! I was just thinking about those.

Project Title: Easy-On Doll Dresses

I have a friend who works with special needs students and has a kiddo who likes dressing and undressing dolls but doesn’t really have the dexterity or patience for things like sleeves or closures. We put our heads together and thought a basic shift dress, open at the back and with the world’s longest piece of Velcro might make things easier.

Made using the free shift-dress pattern from Phoebe & Egg, which worked very well. I’m looking forward to adding some of the included embellishments if

6 Likes

@Trillian - such cute dresses! They look lined - are they reversible, too?

Project Title: All The Pretty Stars
House: Slytherin
I picked up my paints again after a long break and tried to paint something. Not super-pleased with it, but that’s okay. It’s a lot larger than what I have been doing, 6"x10", I think.

ETA: 7"x10"

6 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you.

When one have several projects on-going, but you get a new pattern book and want to start something new! :sweat_smile: Im trying to convince myself that I need to finish at least one sock or one mitten before starting something new. But where’s the fun in that? Can one have to many projects? (Yes. Simply yes)
I mean, its good to finish projects so I can post them here!

Oh well, I can always look in my book and dream away and plan what I should do next.

4 Likes

Project Title: Slytherin Handspun
I finished up the rest of my wool/silk top from Paradise Fibers (color way ‘Slathersin’). I still have to wash it, but it’s about 395yards/132g of chain-ply sport weight.

6 Likes

Project Title: Northern Nights

Project Name: Big Sky

5 Likes

:musical_note:Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birrrr-thdayyyyyyyy dear @MistressJennie eeeeeeee
Happy birthday to youuuuuuu🎶

And many morrrrrrrrrre!

Hope your day is a great one!
:cupcake::coffee::cupcake::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you darling!

2 Likes

Happy birthday, @MistressJennie!

2 Likes

Project Name: The Owl & the Pussycat Pouch

This whimsical fabric has been in my stash for years, and I finally got to use it!

Project Name: American Rust Pouch

Project Name: Animal Planet Pouch

6 Likes

Now I will not forget to post finished projects!

Project Name: Agnes socks
Made a pair of socks for my niece, an xmas gift. I hope she will like them!

7 Likes

Supercute fabrics! And such a nice little bags!

1 Like

Thank you!

@skrutt I love how the colors in the socks are pooling together. Good job matching that between socks!

Project: Two Tiny Doll Dresses

Working through my scrap bin and had just enough leftover quilt binding for a pair of sparkly blue doll dresses.

6 Likes