Happy Birthday, @tendstowardschaos !
:balloon::cupcake::balloon::cupcake::balloon:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Happy birthday dear!

1 Like

Thank you!

Project Name: A Plethora of Pumpkins (Headmistress’ October Mission)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Notes: I’m running out of Halloween fabric in my stash but managed to squeeze out three more from the last of this fabric. It’s a little more sophisticated than I usually go for but I’m working with what I have.

Project Name: Batty Dresses
Project Notes: Some more Halloween dresses! Getting the bats in the bodices took some fussy cutting.

7 Likes

May we add back in my Christmas Countdown Calendar Advanced Studies proposal, please? I think I might actually have the beginnings of a plan for it now. Plus, how can I procrastinate my sock knitting without an appropriate side quest with a holiday deadline?? lol

1 Like

Project Name: Snabba snibben in orange

Sweden is a pretty small country, and the handicraft scene is pretty big, but not THAT big. We dont have state fairs as they do in the Usa. But we do have a handicraft fair/festival, called The Sewing Festival. It takes place in 4 tows during the year. There are lots of sellers, and some “test this project”-thingys, but its mostly inspiration and shopping. But its oh so fun!
But as you dont create that much there, my mum and I decided to have our own Sewing Festival where she lives. (She have lots of both yarn and fabric). So we did this last year. She came up with two projects and I decided on one project. And during our weekend, we crafter the projects (and during evenings we knitted on what we wanted). And it was over all a good weekend!
So we decided to make this again. We had a smaller “festival” during the spring, but this October we had our “real” festival. And this time we had smaller projects, but it was just as fun! One of the projects was to knit a small scarf with an I-cord edge, something none of us had tried. So mum har bought a pattern, and we started. And nailed it. The i-cord was not a big of a deal, but the scarf was so boooring, with just garter stitch. I finished my scarf last saturday, and Im happy about it. Will be warm and cosy this winter!

6 Likes

Project Name: Pocket Frog
House: Slytherin
He’s my first knitted amigurumi and I love him! But, if you love something, you have to let it go…to the child who loves it more. :heart:

Project Name: Birthday Cards
Just some simple stamp and watercolor birthday cards for my nieces and nephews.

Project name: Stan Musselburgh Hat
DS1 wanted his Christmas hat to look like Stan’s from South Park, minus the puffball.

Project Name: America Musselburgh Hat
DS2 wanted his Christmas hat to look like our flag, but I don’t know how to do colorwork so he had to settle for just the field of blue with red and white stripes. But, he loves it and wishes he could wear the flag from head to toe.

6 Likes

@skrutt That scarf looks super cozy, even if it wasn’t the most interesting knit.

@tendstowardschaos I love the froggy! Any chance he’ll get a friend you won’t have to share? And the Musselburgh Hat is next on my knitting list so I enjoyed seeing yours.

Project Name: Busy Batik Doll Dresses
Project Description: Sometimes I have a fabric in my stash that I know is going to look weird, but I just have to try it as doll clothes anyway. These might work as camouflage in a house fire but I still kind of like them.

Project Name: Dark Green Dresses
Project Description: Working my way through my scrap pile and manage squeeze out two dresses from the last of this particular fabric.

6 Likes

I actually really like the autumnal batik. I think it looks great as dresses.

Yeah, the batik ones looks great! Do you have any good tip on making doll clothes? Yours looks so neat!

I love the batik dresses, too!

Froggy will definitely get more friends, but some will have to be long distance. After frog number two, I’m thinking of tackling the characters from The Wind in the Willows.

1 Like

We have very similar knitting dreams… you just make them realities much more often! I look forward to seeing these further adventures. :badger:

1 Like

Project Name: Stardew Chicken
Project Description Wanted an easy project, and ComplicatedKnots on youtube have lots of nice patterns. And since I play Stardew Valley I thought a chicken would be a good project. But to my surprise, it told me it was an xmas gift when it was done! :laughing: Oh, well, I can always make a new chicken.

7 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

She’s adorable!

1 Like

Project Name: Vegvsir Sash for Eivor
Project Description: This year at Youmacon (Detroit anime and gaming con) I’m going as Eivor from A.C. Valhalla. Here’s what she looks like (you can play as M or F)

The red sash has a vegvsir (Viking Compass) on it, so here’s mine, fresh out of the hoop, un-lint-rollered, and with the washable marker lines still a bit visible, lol:

More cosplay items to come :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Project Name: Pumpkin Project Bag
I made this prototype from scraps. The squares I received in the Fabric swap will end up in a similar project.

Project Name: Little Black Shirt Dress
Made this for my Halloween costume, but it’ll get more use. It’s a great wardrobe staple, and surprisingly comfortable.

3 Likes

Project Name: Tiny rat
Project Description: Have been wanting to make this tiny little rat for a year or so. And now I have finally made him. Maybe he will be getting a santa hat closer to xmas.

IMG_20231030_175053653
IMG_20231030_175026315

5 Likes