Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2022/23

Thank you! We got the website, complete with professional photos, from the realtor last night. I worked really hard to make the house look its best, and somehow the photos make it look even better than it is. LOL

And now Jim is stalking our house on Zillow, checking to see how many Views and how many Saves it has. :joy:

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Class: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Faceup for Fuwmao
Project Description: I got a sweet little Imomo Fuwamo doll. I’m not very practiced at all at faceups, but I gave her one, and am really happy with it! Here you can see how she looks before and after. After spraying her head with matte Mr. Super Clear, I used brushes to add powdered chalk pastel blushing to her cheeks, chin, nose and eyes, then used a super fine little brush and acrylic black mixed with acrylic bronze to do her eyeliner and mouth.
Project Pic:

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name:Acorn Embroidered Stain Hider
Project Description: I got hot glue on one of my fave sweaters so I had the idea to freehand a little acorn design to cover it up :slight_smile:
Project Pic:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Blue and Silver Sweater For Fuwamo
Project Description: This sweater is made from yarn with some sliver sparkle in it. (on the left)
Project Pic:

5 Likes

Class/Challenge: Alchemy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pair of Llamas
Brief Description: For Alchemy, I crocheted a pair of llamas using a written pattern (Ravelry link).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Green Beanie
Brief Description: For this class, I crocheted a green hat based on this pattern (Ravelry link).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Herbology
Project Name: Macrame Plant Holders
Brief Description: For Herbology, I made some macrame plant holders.
Project Picture:

(pattern, Youtube link)

(pattern, Youtube link)

Class/Challenge: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Beaded Memory Wire Bracelet
Brief Description: For this class, I made a beaded memory wire bracelet with a secret message in Morse code. It says “it’s locked”, a quote from the Nancy Drew computer games.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Transfiguration
Project Name: Banana Bread
Brief Description: For Transfiguration, I changed bananas & other ingredients into banana bread using this recipe!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

In case you didn’t find them, it looks like they’re all planned out in Hermione’s Homework Planner (the link is in the first post - I just remembered to check there today :slight_smile:).

@Moonflame in not familiar with the term face up. I’m assuming it comes blank and you paint it. Is it changeable? Because it looks great.

@jellybean I love those two Dino’s.

Advanced studies completed

House Ravenclaw
Project Italian Renaissance dress.

I did some long hours on this, the bodice is boned and the eyelets at the sides all hand sewn. The sleeves were a mistake which I realised when I put in the last stitch. I used the wrong side of the fabric. But there was no way I was unpicking this so I’m pretending it was planned. Lined with red and with fake puffs of white added. And all the ribbons have aiglets at the ends. This is the finished outfit with a fur and partlet

10 Likes

Your gown is beautiful, I so admire your costuming skills. I wouldn’t have even noticed the sleeves if you hadn’t mentioned it.

1 Like

Looks fabulous! Love it!

1 Like

Just wow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Stunning Edel!! AND you earned 100 points for your house!! :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you, I have to do something for my house as I keep forgetting to upload homework. But I do have lots of projects that I’m sitting on, for the 12 days of Christmas swap

3 Likes

Since tomorrow is December 1, I was wondering if anyone had thought about a holiday card exchange. If there is interest I’d be happy to take on compiling an address list if no one else was planning on it. Just throwing it out into the ether.

3 Likes

I don’t think there are any plans for a card exchange and I’d say since @MistressJennie is busy with her house selling/moving situation that you taking this on would be much appreciated!! :smile: :mailbox_with_mail:

1 Like

It absolutely would! I’d normally be happy to host, but I just don’t have it in me right now. Especially since I’m not sure where I’ll be over the next two weeks. @FiberAlchemist, go crazy. :heart:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef November
SPEW or LC Contest:
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link:
Brief Description: This was another hit for me. I ended up making it several times, both for dinner and lunch. Actually, I made so much once (food prepping) that’s used a bucket to mix it all :joy: Recipe, Recipe for rive, my fav!. I also used frozen veggies mix that had peas, carrots and corn, really yummy.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

New Iron Chef!!

December - :bahamas: Bahamas Escape the cold (again, Northern Hemisphere) through your food and head to the Bahamas! Try pigeon peas and rice (no actual pigeons involved) with Johnny cakes, and don’t forget the Bahama mama!

3 Likes

Happy holidays everyone! This year I’m going to be organizing our annual holiday card exchange. If you’ve never participated, or just need a refresher here’s how it works - you’ll receive a list of names and addresses of crafty friends who want to send and receive cards. These cards can be hand made or store bought, the point is to spread cheer not create added stress. There is no deadline to send your cards out, just try to have them arrive around Christmas.

If this sounds fun message me with your address by December 7 and I will compile the master list and send it out to everyone signed up on December 9.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Yay!! I’m so glad you thought of this!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Only a couple people have signed up to be part of our holiday card exchange. If you would like to send and receive some happy holiday mail from your crafty pals, message me with your mailing address by the end of the day tomorrow (December 7)! I’ll be compiling and send out the addresses December 9.

I’d love to get some happy mail in our rental house, but I’m not certain I’ll be able to send cards by Christmas. If folks might like New Year’s cards, I’d love to join in.

4 Likes