Harry potter ornament swap 2023

Both ornaments are done! I’ll ship on Monday.

1 Like

You are fast!! I hope to have mine done over the weekend and mail on Monday.

2 Likes

I am done, but won’t get to mail out until Wednesday, but it hopefully won’t take too long to arrive

Have you guys seen this minalima wallpaper $$$ but fab

2 Likes

How’s everyone doing? I mailed out today to @skrutt hopefully the mail gods will be kind and it will arrive soon

5 Likes

I’m about to finally get my HP tree up!

2 Likes

Mine will probably get mailed out last-minute. Waiting on a couple of supplies, and one doesn’t arrive til Friday. VERY excited about what I’m making!

1 Like

Mine will be going up on Friday. Can’t wait

1 Like

The tree in all it’s glory:

90% of the ornaments are hand-made and from swaps. I love them sooooo much!

Here are a few faves (although there are so many faves I could fill a book!):

I never keep the ornaments I make. Except this paper cut demiguise. I made three and kept one because I adored him too much to let go. He’s still the fave ornament I’ve ever made even all these years later.

The howler ornament was from one of my first swap partners twenty years ago in a yahoo group. It’s so gorgeous! The colorful fwooper, @Kwality570’s amazing mandrakes, and the Potter Puppet Pals ornament set are also faves.

@sheepBlue’s emergency portkey ornament still makes me giggle every time I add it to my tree.

@pottermouth’s amazing miniatures are some of my fave ornaments, but this little bakery display is pure perfection.

4 Likes

Wow! Fabulous tree! All the ornaments are so much fun. And can we talk about the tree skirt? Stunning!

1 Like

Yes! The tree skirt is a work of art and also from a swap ages ago on the site-that-shall-not-be-named. It’s been so long I can’t remember who made it, only that they were in the UK. And unfortunately there’s no signature or “made by” patch on the skirt.

Here are close ups of the patches on the tree skirt:

5 Likes

Such gorgeosity! Love it; it makes me want to make Harry Potter TM patches.

Lately, I’ve been thinking I need to make little labels for everything I receive in swaps, so I will be able to remember who is the artist/crafter. There are so many ornaments I put on the tree this year, wishing I could recall who made them.

I remember this project from way back when, I have it pinned on my pinterest from then with a signature- Phizzychick. Is that the creator or your old handle?

1 Like

Yes! It was Phizzychick! Thank you! Do you happen to know the year? I’m going to make a “made by” tag for the bottom of the tree skirt.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the year. I joined in January i think of 2012 so it was after that in any case. if any other clues pop up i’ll forward them along.

Update: through a Pinterest rabbit hole I found a flickr account I presume is yours with a December 2012 dated pic:

Edit again: it looks like @Phizzychick has an account here, although not active for a long while. Maybe you can PM for more detail.

1 Like

So sorry! Just realized that I hadn’t set this thread to “watching”. I wondered why this swap was so quiet… Turns out it was just me!

I received my lovely Fanged Frisbee from Tapestry last night, and am planning on packing up my ornament today.

2 Likes

Sent! Well, as much as you can on Sunday. It’s in the mailbox, wearing it’s shiny new postage, and eagerly awaiting the postman to take it on a whole new adventure tomorrow to Tapestry’s house!

2 Likes

Okay, I went overboard (as usual), so will be one day late sending (also as usual!) But I love what I made and hope @Tapestry does too!

1 Like

I’m positive I’ll adore it!

1 Like

That is so cool! To have a HP-tree!! And your tree-skirt looks great!

1 Like

Sent off mine today! I hope it arrives fast! :smiley:

1 Like