I made this to use up a bunch of HP FQ that I had, and I wanted to try a stack and whack method. I was interested to see how fast it would go, piecing the top from lining up and cutting the squares, through to adding the spider borders took a touch under two hours. That was yesterday, so I finished it today. My daughter likes it so I think we’re keeping this one. It turned out at approx 44*52 so a decent lap quilt size.
I doubt have access to a long arm, or any one who does that, so all my quilting is long straight lines, I don’t enjoy free motion quilting on a domestic machine, just not enough room. So I stick to straight lines, which means that quilts get finished fairly fast.