Harry potter quilt

I made this to use up a bunch of HP FQ that I had, and I wanted to try a stack and whack method. I was interested to see how fast it would go, piecing the top from lining up and cutting the squares, through to adding the spider borders took a touch under two hours. That was yesterday, so I finished it today. My daughter likes it so I think we’re keeping this one. It turned out at approx 44*52 so a decent lap quilt size.

I doubt have access to a long arm, or any one who does that, so all my quilting is long straight lines, I don’t enjoy free motion quilting on a domestic machine, just not enough room. So I stick to straight lines, which means that quilts get finished fairly fast.

31 Likes

It came out so cute. I love the mishmash scrappy feel of it. Molly Weasley would approve.

3 Likes

That is lovely!

1 Like

I love how this came out and your choice to border it in spiders is so clever!

1 Like

I love the random look of the pattern…and of course, your “get it done” motto!

I think it turned out really nice…and there is nothing wrong with straight line quilting…I like it personally and use it the most!

1 Like

I love how this one turned out!

1 Like

I’ve seen the Just Get It Done Quilts tutorial for this, and it does look like a very quick make! I don’t think I’d finish one as fast as you, but this one is on my list of quilts to try.

And, I know I keep saying this, but you truly amaze me with how quickly you can get your quilts made!

2 Likes

I love the Harry Potter crazy quilt!!

1 Like

Great job. I really like the straight lines with the different size pieces. The stack and whack method compliments HP perfectly!

1 Like

Unreal!! I love the fabrics :smiley:

I straight line quilt too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s definitely a function of my drive to finish and get onto something new.

2 Likes

I love the variety of fabrics and designs. Scrappy is always fun to me! Great quilt. I can’t imagine how you do so many and so fast. I have only made one and I was a mess at it.

Beautiful! What a cool arrangement of patterns and shapes.

You amaze me! I think your diagonal line quilting is the perfect way to go for a quilt like this.

This is gorgeous. I love how it’s matchy but scrappy all at the same time!

Very cute!

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like

Excellent :grin::grin:

1 Like