Has anyone made a Christmas/Yule glue book?

Any tips for making a Xmas glue book?

1 Like

Well, I have nothing to offer, but I did want to thank you for introducing the term “glue book” to me! I hadn’t heard it before, but looked it up. I hope you get the tips and I can’t wait to see what you make!

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of it either. Going to Google

1 Like

I’ve never made a Christmas specific glue book but I have made generic glue books.

It’s a pretty forgiving craft. Anything goes really. I think for me the hard thing about a theme specific one would be finding enough images related to the theme.

Maybe you could include wrapping paper samples, ribbons, old Christmas cards?

1 Like

I have @calluna’s smash book/junk journal from Ashville

Haven’t been able to get many people to add to it over this past 2 years but I am determined to return it with some cool new pages!

2 Likes

There is a YouTube channel called Relax. Cut. Glue. (Or something like that) and she puts out a few videos a week mostly about glue books and some how to make books.

1 Like

They sound really cool. I am about to fall down the rabbit hole.

3 Likes

The cool thing about glue books is you don’t need any special tools. A notebook. Some sort of adhesive. And a stack of magazines.

3 Likes

Wait, what? I thought a glue book was another name for junk journal or smash book made from another book. Typically, one that somehow suits the theme so whatever part of the type & illustrations that shows is part of the design after adding stuff. So for xmas, you’d start with something xmasy?

1 Like

I always thought it was a book you glued images in. images that you like.
it’s just gluing/collaging.
and glue book = smash book
but junk journals are a little different.

but I think the lines get a little blurred with the terms.
heres an example of glue books

and here’s someone take on the difference between glue/smash books and junk journals

3 Likes

Love this idea!

1 Like

I’ve made some mini books using Christmas paper, but never a glue book. It could probably be done using Christmas themes from magazines and catalogs along with old cards and such. I’ll run up and get the ones I’ve done to see if the ideas are helpful at all. I wound up not being 100% satisfied with them so they didn’t get sent out on swaps from the way back days… Now I’m not quite sure what to do with them but can’t seem to just toss them :smiley:

2 Likes