Haunted House Lighted Decoration

My SIL has a birthday coming up and is a big Halloween fan and appreciator of handmade things. We also don’t know each other really well and don’t have too many interests in common, so when I saw this pattern in my files, I knew it was going to be her birthday gift for TheMisterT and me.

Hoo boy, there are a lot of mats to cut for this and something close to eleventy-seven individual pieces and I embeliished just about every one of them either by inking, embossing & inking, or by stamping/stamping & inking.

HauntedHouse01-12

HauntedHouse01-13

The “panels” of the shutters and the window vellum were stamped with a spiderweb to just give them a subtle little something. I added a little bling to the top of the fancy windows for extra fanciness.

HauntedHouse01-14

The project is designed for the top of the tower to be a gift box with the roof as the lid. But is was just enough bigger that it would sink down below where it looked nice, so I added these beads to hold it up while still giving the house a bit more “gingerbread.” I went ahead and punched a hole in the bottom to connect it to the main body so I could string lights up in there to light up the windows.

HauntedHouse01-11

HauntedHouse01-15

The only orange-ish lights I could find were these with plastic maple leaves over the LEDs. I wanted to make sure it had a birthday sentiment on it, but decided to put it on the inside of the back flap instead of outside. Luckily I thought to stamp it before I assembled the house!

HauntedHouse01-05

This evening, I’m going to try to get some low-light shots with the light coming through the windows. I will add those pics below… and here they are!

I used my Cricut Explore to cut files from svgcuts.com’s Maple Manor Kit.

23 Likes

Amazing! I appreciate the dedication!

1 Like

Marvelous! So many pieces! So much work!

1 Like

Wow! What an awesome gift!! She’s gonna love that!

1 Like

It’s just perfect!

1 Like

It’s fabulous!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone!

I knew you in particular would understand exactly what went into this, @bethntim!

Annnnd I have updated the original post with these “nighttime” shots!

2 Likes

The nighttime shots just make it that much better! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Great job my friend!

Awww, thank you! I think this file is especially suited to the light-up aspect! I’m kind of wanting to have made more… not so much wanting to do the making quite, though. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It’s even more magical when it is all lit up!
Thanks for posting the extra pics for us to enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh the night shots are swoon worthy! Such an awesome gift!

1 Like

Thanks so much, friends!

Oh, wow! This is so awesome! I love that it lights up, too. Great work!

1 Like

This is seriously epic. I can not believe all the details. It might be some of your best work to date.

1 Like

Aww, thanks so much youse guys!

Congrats! Your Haunted House Lighted Decoration is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Awww, thank you!

Whoa, wow. That is just incredible. Wow. It’s so hard to believe it’s made out of paper.

Wow! I’m impressed! It’s enough to cut and assemble all of the pieces, but to add so much thoughtful detail makes it that much more spectacular. What an amazing gift to give, and I’m sure she’s going to love it!

Thanks, friends!

It was supposed to arrive today, but is running late. D’oh!

1 Like