He just wants to say hi

I was going through past projects and remembered I never brought this guy over to LC from the old site!

He was made for a Curiosity Cabinet swap and used poly clay, some found objects, and resin to complete the whole piece.

The tips of the tentacles were accidentally burnt when curing, but it worked out for the best because I think it completely makes the whole thing and gives it some extra visual interest.

P1060483

I hope this little buddy is fairing well now :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Um, hi? Keep your distance? LOL, no really, he’s fantastic. A cabinet worthy curiosity to be sure.

I love it! It’s so adorable bordering on creepy, perfect for a curiosity cabinet. And I agree, the burnt ends (I thought you painted it that way) give it a lot of character. It all looks so moist. I hope the receiver loves it as well.

1 Like

Oh. My. Giggles. THIS IS SO RAD!!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It was hard sending this one away, for sure.

2 Likes

Kewl! I love the serendipity of a burn improving the piece!

1 Like

This looks so real!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Oh, wow. I thought he was real.

2 Likes

I did, too! My kid is aaaaalllll about marine biology- he would completely lose his mind (in a good way) if something like this showed up at our house. This is NOT in my wheelhouse and I’m truly stunned! How fabulous he is!!

2 Likes

Wow, amazingly realistic! The burned tips were definitely a happy accident; they do add so much to the vibe of the piece.

1 Like

:tulip: :boom: Ah-MAY-zing! Your…whatever this guy is…is one of this week’s featured projects! :boom: :tulip:

1 Like

r/TIHI
lol just kidding. it looks alive! amazing job!

1 Like

Thanks so much! This is awesome :grin:

1 Like

How did I never see this before? It’s creeptacular, in the best possible way!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Wow, this is incredible!!

1 Like