Heavy Metal tshirt recon

I’ve been seeing these on my Pinterest feed and wanted to try it. I like the contrast of a heavy metal graphic against the softness of a more feminine print. Girly girls can still rock out!

The shirt is from my closet bought years ago back in the day. I used two silky polyester scarves from my wardrobe bought for a different outfit that never happened but they were too pretty to be left in the closet.

Working with the scarves was a bit over my sewing abilities. They are like a pair of nylons and would run at the lightest snag. The sleeves were pretty long and looked ok but I wanted them a little shorter. But being so thin I couldn’t trim and fold the edges and iron them. Hence the reason I didn’t hem them and knotted them at the sides instead.
Next time I think I’ll use satin or cotton scarves.

I’m happy with how it turned out. I even wore it that night to a nostalgic HairMania show with friends. I got many compliments.

I followed this tutorial on YouTube. She uses a crochet blanket for the sleeves but it’s the same pattern with any fabric.

Thanks to @Magpie for the link! She’s the queen of all things textile. I hit her up and knew she would point me in the right direction.

27 Likes

Ya, you got all the compliments for sure! Look at you, hawt mama :star_struck:. Turned out great!

2 Likes

Wow! So cool! Love that contrast!

2 Likes

Very cool!
love the knotted sleeves.

2 Likes

Thay came out fabulous! I love the contrast.

1 Like

This is awesome! Beautiful my friend.

1 Like

It looks really nice, even though you struggled with it. And it’s a great idea, as well. I always have a hard time finding band shirts that look nice on me. With these sleeves, the shirt suddenly looks very elegant.

2 Likes

I agree. Sometimes you just want to spice it up!

Thanks for looking and all the kind words. :heart:

1 Like

Gasp. I have so many shirts I could envision with this. I absolutely love the juxtaposition of Danzig + the beautiful sleeves. :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Very cool way to mix up the vibes for a new look! Thanks so much for modeling, because I really had a different idea of what was happening from the first shot. :rofl:

2 Likes

Right! I does look odd. Like it doesn’t have arm holes. lol.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous! Sorry the scarves were so irritating to work with (floaty fabric & t-shirt material is not a 101 combination!) but the knots look great.

1 Like

:sparkles: :heart_eyes: :scissors: Congratulations! Your awesome shirt recon is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Woot woot! Thank you. :blush:

2 Likes

This looks very Stevie Nicks to me, which is a huge compliment. Very cool twist on a tee!

1 Like

That’s a pretty :musical_note: mother :musical_note: ! :smile: Love it!

1 Like

Ha! Nice Dazing reference :wink: :wink:
Thank you.