Hedgehog Swimsuit

I am a strike seamstress for some Canadian companies. Im sure Iโ€™ve mentioned it before. One of them had this design custom created by a watercolour artist and turned into fabric. So I Made this swimsuit for my daughter. Swimsuits are a nightmare to make, but I love the sweet design and hopefully she will be able to wear it this summer.

27 Likes

What is a strike seamstress?

3 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth

@Dfabbric thatโ€™s awesome, the fabric is fab, Iโ€™m jealous if you routinely get to play with new fabric designs!

2 Likes

Itโ€™s a really cute design with the ruffles! Hope she will get to wear it soon.

2 Likes

That is utterly adorable!

I would like to know what this is too!

2 Likes

Very cute swim suit! I bet she loves it!

2 Likes

A strike seamstress is someone who gets fabric samples from a company to make items to advertise the fabric. These fabrics are on preorder for a set amount of time, so you would order the quantity and type of fabric (cotton lycra, canvas, quilting cotton, minky, swim, etc) and then your fabric would come in a month or so. Then new designs will be available for preorder the next month. Here is the company so you can see what I am talking about. https://lunadavalon.com/

5 Likes

Thatโ€™s so cute! :heart:

2 Likes

Gee, I thought you meant you were a scab.:sweat_smile:

Cute swimsuit!

5 Likes

That is an adorable swim suit.

2 Likes

Oh, that is over the top cute, and the swimsuit too. She will be the envy of mermaids.

2 Likes

Super jealous of your job, but I can see why you have it. The swimsuit is fantastic. I love that its not a typical one and that you added riffles and pizzaz.

2 Likes

Very cute bathing suit!
When I first clicked the post I was wondering if it was going to be a swimsuit for a hedgehog or a swimsuit with a hedgehog on it. :laughing:

3 Likes

It turned out super cute! I remember making swimsuits for myself as a teen - in the 1980s and am certain that these days I would find it far more challenging and frustrating! And not just because of the body Iโ€™d be making it for! :rofl:

3 Likes

I love it! The design is great and that fabric is wonderful. :heart:

1 Like

:rofl:If someone wants a swimsuit for their hedgehog, Im there

3 Likes

snort :joy:

2 Likes

That is super cute!

2 Likes

:tada: Congratulations and yahoooooo! :tada:
Your sah-weet project is one of this weekโ€™s Featured Projects!

4 Likes