Help me find a watercolor palette

I have a watercolor palette that I love and I can’t find another one like it anywhere I’ve looked. Any suggestions?

Here’s the one I have now, it was a set of Renesans watercolors and has 2 rows for pans and the middle is big enough that I can fit a third row of half pans. I really like this palette because I can fit 3 rows of pans, has a flat bottom, and the pan holder is attached to the case itself so it doesn’t rattle around.

I picked up this one from DickBlick and I don’t really like it. It’s too small and the pan holder isn’t attached and rattles around. Plus the bottom isn’t flat and has a thumb ring.

I think the one from DickBlick would work for me if the bottom was flat and it didn’t have the thumb ring because then I could just take out there insert and put magnets on the bottom of the pans.

I also have this palette which I love but I’m looking for something I can easily add/remove/move colors into.

Any ideas where I could find a palette similar to the first one or the DickBlick one but with a flat bottom? I’ve been searching for weeks on Etsy, Amazon, and DickBlick.

2 Likes

Did you take a section off the one you like or does it simply foldover?

1 Like

I didn’t modify it at all, it only folds over (which I prefer).

2 Likes

These look similar but not exact…I’ll keep looking…Searching for the perfect palette

1 Like

This one looks a bit smaller than the one I have but for $7 like a good contender if I remove the plastic insert.

1 Like

This looks closer

1 Like

Oh wow! The 24 half pan one from that site looks almost exactly like mine. I’m seriously impressed with your searching right now! I’ve been looking for weeks.

3 Likes

unfortunately, they are in Australia, so I will see if I can find something closer to home…Can you pop off the “cover” part?

Amazon also sells this one…

1 Like

Can you remove the pan-holders & magnet your pans to the case?

1 Like

I could if the bottom was flat but it has wells molded into the bottom which would take up too much space.

2 Likes

…I wonder if you’d do better searching for a tin in the right dimensions.

1 Like

Sketchlandia will ship to the USA for a flat $20 cost…

2 Likes

I’ll probably order from them. A bit expensive for shipping but I haven’t been able to find a similar palette anywhere else. Thank you again for your searching!

2 Likes

I will find out in 6-27 business days if it’s the same one or not :joy:

2 Likes

Depending on how fast you want it, you do know someone who could offer free shipping from Australia (perhaps in combination with a little swappy package) :grinning:

2 Likes

I already ordered but I like the idea of a swappy package :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh I was too slow! we can do a swappy package soon anyway!

2 Likes

What, what? I don’t even paint but I will start if I can get a swappy package offer!

3 Likes

Lol, anytime my friend!

2 Likes

@AIMR these came today and they’re the EXACT SAME as the one I was looking for! Thank you again!!

1 Like