Help! Two-year-old painting. Can these be salvaged or should I start over?

I was going for “love” but I think I ran out of room… the hand is the “o” and the foot is the “v”. The one on the bottom might have enough room to finish the word but it has a messed up spot from wiping off an extra toe.

I have more canvases so I could start over but they’d be too late for Valentines Day and also my kid wasn’t thrilled about the hand and feet prints :confused:

Any ideas? He loved painting the background so I could just have him paint without adding the prints but I really like them so I don’t know. One is for my mom and one is for us to keep.

Thanks for any and all ideas!!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Turn the feet into a big heart…

2 Likes

Rethink them - like @AIMR said, turn the feet into a heart, or put his name and the date on them so you can see how much he grows.
See if you can get him to do another hand print the other side of the feet, looks like that’s what you meant all slind, then leave it like that

2 Likes

Aw, those are going to be adorable :heart:
You could add a border around the edge and outline the prints to highlight them (& fix that smudge). Use paint or a cut out. Include a photo of wee Picasso, maybe make that heart-shaped on top of some paper and a doily like a traditional Valentine. When in doubt, think layers!

2 Likes

As a former preschool teacher who has done projects like this millions of times, this is what I think:

Make the two feet into a heart. Cut out a heart and have your son glue it to the middle of his handprint. Write underneath something like: “Daddy, I give you my heart!”

You could also check the internet for more ideas…there are so many out there!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks guys! All good ideas :slight_smile: Sometimes I get an idea stuck in my head and it’s hard for me to re-imagine it when things don’t go as planned

1 Like

I think you can still fit the L and the E in there. They don’t have to be the same size, right? Or make them wonky to fit in the space you have. Like this one:

Two-year old art is meant to be imperfect! I didn’t even notice the smudge until you pointed it out. :smile:

3 Likes

I might turn one into “love” and do one of the other suggestions for the other one… That might also help get my brain un-stuck :sweat_smile: I like the idea of adding another handprint to the other side of the feet so maybe I’ll do that on the other one.

Pretty sure my mom will be getting hers after Valentine’s Day but I know she won’t mind. And my husband and I don’t need ours on time either so I won’t let myself feel rushed.

Thanks again everyone!!! :kissing_heart: So glad I have a kind and supportive community to brainstorm with :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

That is awesome! I think the most important thing is that mom and child did something together and made something with love…I would love that just as it is with nothing else…the picture of the baby painting was so cute!!! Something about baby hands with a paintbrush…awwww

3 Likes

“Late” is my middle (or first?) name these days. It just goes with the territory. :smile: Definitely don’t feel pressure to be on time. Enjoy the process! And, yes, family will understand!

Share your final pieces!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s understandable! I feel the same way sometimes.

What if you took a little purple paint on a sponge or makeup applicator and just daubed a little bit on to cover the white spot?

2 Likes

The hand could also be the “L”? And you could squeeze a little o in between?

1 Like

I think the hand looks like an L with the feet a V. Just draw an O and a E in! And/Or draw strings from all and make it a bouquet of balloons.

3 Likes

Thanks for more ideas!!! :grin: I haven’t done anything yet as I want to have it fully planned first :upside_down_face: I might try to tackle it on Saturday. I’ll share pics when they’re done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Finished and gifted one of them yesterday :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

oh how cute it came out!!!

1 Like

Yay! It looks great!!!

1 Like

So adorable! Completely beautiful kid based craft, I love it.

1 Like

Love it.
No one would ever know there was ever a problem either. Well done.

1 Like