High Waisted Crayon Skirt

The new weekly sale has gone live on Ellie and Mac and I got to make the Adult High Waisted Skirt.

The next time I make it I’m going to have to be a little more exact on making the pleats. I ended up need to take out some fabric on the one seam to make it work correctly (I only noticed the bad sizing after I had serged the waistband on). I had fun making it even with the little bumps in the road. And I had picked out this fabric because it was fun and cute. Other than my pleating/sizing issues it was relatively easy to make even with putting a zipper in (my first one on clothing).

Here is my #affiliatelink for the skirt Adult High Waist Pleated Skirt Pattern – Ellie and Mac

15 Likes

Nice! I love the fabric – so cute! Is it a knit or cotton? It looks super comfortable!

I love their patterns and have a few, but have never made them. I am a bit too embarrassed that I am not sure how to print out digital patterns and put them together.

I have done small ones like bags and toys, but it seems intimidating to me to print out what looks like a lot of sizes and pieces, so I just gave up.

1 Like

Cute! I love that fabric!

1 Like

That’s a great skirt! Well done with the zipper!

1 Like

This is a woven cotton. I had started with the curved hem tank. I am probably putting the papers together wrong anyways. If you look at the file you can see on the bottom and right sides of the pages there is blue and pink lines that you just line up with the top and left side of each paper. Not sure if that makes a ton of sense or not. I would recommend a tshirt or sweater style pattern to start off with that way it doesn’t need to be a fitted piece. I haven’t done the dresses or jumpsuits yet but those are on my list to do someday.

1 Like

Thank you! I am pretty proud of how well it turned out.

Thanks…you have inspired me to at least try the simple dress pattern I bought last fall! lol

1 Like

If you haven’t gotten fabric yet I would definitely recommend checking Walmart for their 3-4 yard bundles to get something a little cheap to practice with.

The sewing is not the issue…it is getting the printing right…all the pieces and lines …

I am used to either buying already printed ones or using my own clothes as patterns…but the prices of the new patterns is ridiculous!

2 Likes

That makes sense. I would love to get a projector one day so I don’t have to print as much.

1 Like

Look how cute! It’s adorable on you and with that purple top!

1 Like

Thank you!! I was roasting in that sweater getting the pictures :laughing:

2 Likes

It looks fantastic!!

1 Like

Thank you!

The crayon fabric is adorable and it looks great on you! I love this skirt!

1 Like

Thank you! I thought it would be a fun choice of fabric!

1 Like