His first fish, a family ATC

My husband is the outdoorsy type, and fishing is one of his favorite things to do. He passed his love of fishing on to his boys. This card commemorates a memory of our youngest catching his first fish. He was not very enthused! He really was not sure what to do with that fish! He does now, though, and loves to fish with his dad. This card was made for my husband for Father’s Day.

13 Likes

What a fun way to celebrate dad’s day!

1 Like

Hehe! I can just imagine all the excitement of doing what dad does and all that and then… uh, now what? Another great family ATC!

3 Likes

I love your “family memory” ATCs! This one is super cute!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! Our youngest was 3 1/2 at the time… he just thought the fish was slimy and gross and immediately handed it off to his dad!

4 Likes

Great ATC! I love your mixture of drawing and collage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

This made me think of our sons and their first catches … son 1 caught a 29” northern pike, we took a photo and framed it. Son 2 caught a 2” rainbow trout, willingly posed with it but it never was printed.

2 Likes

That’s funny, @Cindy !

1 Like

I love the expression. What a wonderful and sweet card!

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart:

Lol now I take care of fish and I’ve even pet one named Dave, but I’d like to go fishing more and man they’re tasty (when they’re not ones you’re trying to keep and take care of ofc!)

2 Likes