Hollowed out book

I made this for a coworker for secret Santa. There is a little magnet that holds the cover closed.
I also made ornaments from the pages.

14 Likes

I really like that the pages are used for ornaments, and hope the secret Santa recipient liked their gift :slight_smile: well done

1 Like

The ornament is so cute. Did you cut the book by hand? I attempted one in the past and the hollowed portion ended up quite wonky. Yours looks nice and straight.

2 Likes

What a great gift! The magnet closure sounds like a great idea

1 Like

I did cut it by hand. After the pages were cut and still wonky, I glued them again and then used a dremel tool to smooth it out. I learned the hard way that you need to glue generously before using the tool or paper dust gets in between the pages and fluffs up the book.

3 Likes

I love it! I really need to do this to have a little secret hidey hole in our house. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work, it looks very neat and tidy! I love how you used the extra paper bits, too.

1 Like

This is such a difficult project to pull off and you did a great job of it, very nicely done. I like you used the cut out pages for another craft too. Great recycling, excellent work !

1 Like

I love this! The cut pages are impressively straight. Thank you for sharing your tips on how to achieve that. And kudos for repurposing the pages into the most desirable ornaments!

1 Like