Homage to Black Kitties

Each Halloween I like to do some sort of craft related to my black cats. This year was hard because we lost our 17 year old black buddy in March. It felt a bit sad to be making only two projects. But, life goes on and once I got into it, it was a relaxing and healing time.

These were inspired by various pics I found on Pinterest.The little one represents my cat Alvin and the larger one represents Rocket. The little one is about 2 inches tall, which was challenging to sew, but I like tiny things.

Happy Halloween to all the black cats!

P.S. Thanks, @magpie, for the googly eyes. You sent me a bag ages ago and I am slowly using them! Glad to have had them in my stash!

16 Likes

These are so darned cute!

1 Like

Aw, cute!

1 Like

Supurr cute! :black_cat:

1 Like

So tiny! Are you going to display them year round?

1 Like

I’ll decorate my living/dining area with all the Halloween stuff and then move these into my craft room on my cat wall.

Thanks, everyone! They were fun to make!

2 Likes

A Cat Wall sounds amazing

These are so sweet and Halloweeny! I love how the googly eyes make them look like they are about to get the crazies!

1 Like

Aw, they are so cute! I love that they represent your kitties.

So cute!

1 Like

Those are both fabulous and what a lovely way to honor your kitties each year! Many hugs for the fur baby you lost in March.

Fun fact: one of hedgehogs is named Rocket.

1 Like

Our Rocket zoomed around so much when he was a kitten. He climbed curtains and ran up and down the stairs all the time. He is 11 years old now and his favorite things are Churu snacks and sleeping in the bay window. He does play with the younger cat sometimes. We mostly call him Rocky now.

1 Like

So cute. We have a black cat and he is wonderful. So was his predecessor. Nice wasy to honor them.