Homemade Gnocchi

Holy mackerel, Batman! I am beat…This is by far the hardest I’ve ever worked on a flour made food…O_o…Probably the last time I make them, heh.

I’ve been getting more of a taste of rhubarb in savory dishes (Me thinks my taste buds have bought the farm, :rofl:). Anyhoo, some home grown zucchini, parsley, basil, white wine, butter, onion, and garlic.

All in all, they’re pretty darn good…And definitely different. Soft and yet still has a chew, but not as chewy/solid as an egg dumpling. Man, if it wasn’t such a pain to make, I wouldn’t mind making these more often, but no…NONO…nooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo! No way, Jose! Nuh uh! Nah!

How the gnocchi was made…Pretty much just boiled potatoes, then cooled, skinned, and mashed, then a little salt added, and enough flour to make a non-tacky dough. Note: A standing mixer is relatively useless…:frowning_face: So expect to knead a lot by hand…Oh my word, I’m so sore…:rofl:.

10 Likes

Looks good!

Ooo, yum! Nothing beats fresh, homemade gnocchi!

Looks very tasty! And so cool that you didn’t just make the gnocci but grew the zuc, too!

1 Like

I hate to say it…I mean, I really really hate to say it…But I may want to try to make these again at a later date. I’ve got a lot of excess so I’ve been searching for recipes, and I have been finding soooooo many different kinds of gnocchi…Apple, pumpkin, sweet potato. Oh holy halibuts, I can think of a lot of different things to try…However…HOWEVER…If, and that’s a might big if, I do this again, I will NOT be doing it by hand. I’ll make an extremely small batch in my noodle machine. It can do up to 1+1/2 cups of flour, and even if I have to stop the machine, take some out, add flour, rinse and repeat…I will NOT knead the dough by hand, :rofl:. I am not going through that pain again, HAH!

Anyway, I really want to try plum gnocchi. If it worked in the mock shortbread cookies, how’d it do as a doodle? (Dumpling nOODLE). So many options…So little time/patience/strength/will…:grinning:

Hmm! Replace the flour with rice flour, or coconut flour, and bananas for the liquid/starch.

Hmm! I wonder, use flour and peach, apricots, plums, blueberries, or any kind of fruit/berry like those, and add the doodles to baked beans.

STOP IT…I can’t do all of this, and my stomach wouldn’t like a lot of it…So just STOP IT…Focus on other things…You can play around with these yummies later. Besides, I’ve got a lot of potato gnocchi in the freezer that I need to use up first…Grrrr!

1 Like

Amazing! I’ve made sweet potato gnocchi…once, lol. It is definitely a lot of work!! Yours looks fantastic!

1 Like