Honey Bee Fanny Pack

I’ve had this project on my to do list for nearly a year, and it’s finally come to life ::grinning: :

This is called the Fennel Fanny Pack by designer Sarah Kirsten. I also want to make her Raspberry Rucksack. I think I have most of the materials required already, just have to buy the pattern.

I used a cute bee and hive fabric for the lining.

Finishing touches :slight_smile:

This is described as a beginner pattern, but I think that considering the fact that it installs zips and incorporates binding, beginner might be a stretch.

Here I am modelling the bag :stuck_out_tongue: As either a cross body or traditional bum bag.

I’ve decided I’m going to have to make myself another one in cute school themed fabrics, maybe even more than one! because I don’t have a desk in my classroom, so it will be handy to carry whiteboard markers, pens and stickers around with me :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Wow, Lauren, this bag is just gorgeous! I love your fabric choices, everything is so well-matched. I’m impressed with your neat work. So beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This is fabulous and so well made.

2 Likes

Thank you @Edel xx I’m excited to use it tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this!!! Yours came out so perfect!!

2 Likes

I can’t believe how quickly you made this! It looks very neat and well made…and a nice neutral color to go with everything…

I love your idea to make it in a cute fabric for school…since I know you are in Australia, just don’t get too influenced by the name and call it a fanny pack in school…you will have the kids giggling for saying a naughty word…lol…bum pack it is!

2 Likes

Wow! I didn’t expect to find out so soon how gorgeous your bag would turn out! The bee fabric is a perfect liner!

2 Likes

Add me to the chorus celebrating how well made this is! Wow!

I have been searching for a small-ish cross body bag that is qualifies as such for reasons more than it has a long strap. Like, I want it to sit close to the body when bending over and be easy to access while wearing, so I’d be interesting in hearing how you find this to be after you’ve worn it awhile. If you chose to go cross body, that is.

2 Likes

Oooh. Binding is so intimidating to me. You did a beautiful job on it. I love that interior fabric as well.

2 Likes

So cute! I bet it will come in so handy.

2 Likes

This is lovely. I adore the neutral outside with fun and gorgeous fabric inside.
A useful and fun bag!

2 Likes

That turned out so well, love the pretty floral pattern inside too.

3 Likes