Hooded lightweight coat

I don’t recall ever posting this coat I made. I’ve had it for about ten years now. It was made from New Look 6432 if I’m looking at the right pattern. I lengthened the torso, and sleeves, made the hood oversized, added a belt and added pockets. I used black cotton for the outer fabric and a lightweight plaid inside. I did use interfacing on the interior fabric instead of the outside because it was so thin and started to unravel. I bought the fabric from Joann’s and the lady working there said it would never work for a coat. I guess I showed her!

20 Likes

What an awesome coat!! Love the print you chose for the lining, it works amazing with the outside.

Great job!Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

That coat is fabulous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Those are fighting words to a seamstress for sure!!!

The fact that you have had it that long means it was something you loved …I think it turned out great…you should continue to use those fabrics in different ways if they please you…makes your clothing much more unique which is why most of us sew…good job!

4 Likes

Oh yes, what better thing to do than to show people they are wrong :smiley:

And it looks great, I love the plait compared to the black, really great :smiley:

3 Likes

It looks great, and I think a lot of that is due to the additions/alterations you made to the pattern and your use of the plaid. Really nice work!

2 Likes

I would wear this until it fell apart. It looks amazing!

2 Likes

You certainly proved her wrong with your creativity and mad sewing skills. Awesome!

2 Likes

Wow! What a great coat.

2 Likes

Totally awesome coat! I am ever in awe of clothing makers. <3

2 Likes

Great coat

2 Likes

Oh I like it! Great contrast!

2 Likes

Oh wow, i love the lining. Great job

2 Likes

Such a charming coat, and you did an excellent job with the alterations! The plaid adds a nice pop of color and distinction. Love the buttons too!

1 Like