Received- :gift:

Partners :
geekgirl :gift: :mailbox: roler :mailbox: :gift:
saintcady :mailbox: :gift: artsycandace :mailbox: :gift:
bugaboo :mailbox: :gift: homerof2. :gift: :mailbox:
Lilyleaper :mailbox::gift: Smeddley :gift: :mailbox:
skrutt :mailbox: :gift: Edel :mailbox: :gift:
2 Likes

@roler sent me this awesome Stardew Valley themed hoop.
For those that haven’t heard of it Stardew Valley is a video game where all the art is pixelated. You are a farmer and early in the game you get to choose a pet dog or cat. My farmer has a cat of course!

Roler did a great job of getting that pixelated look. I’m super impressed how she cut felt into such tiny pieces and worked with it and got it to look right. Anything less than an inch big and I can’t manage.

14 Likes

Yay, I’m so glad you like it! The pixelated look was a new technique for me but I really love how it turned out and will probably do it again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That really does look pixelated! Nice tecnhique, @roler! I have always loved your felt embroideries!

2 Likes

Love it! And I love Stardew Valley, I think I’ve played through it at least twice (computer and switch)

2 Likes

Woah, that’s fabulous, such tiny squares, it’s great

2 Likes

I received from @saintcady today. I opened this awesome hoop, that is needle-felted (I love needle-felting❤) of a barn owl peeking out of a tree cavity.

But wait! There was a teeny tiny package inside the big package… and what the heck could it be… but… a miniature version of the larger hoop! I am smitten. This is my first dollhouse-sized hoop and now I am hooked. Great, now this is another thing that I will have to collect. :laughing:

Thank you for these. They are wonderful. :blush:

11 Likes

The tiny one was fun. When I saw miniatures on your likes list I couldn’t resist! :grin:

3 Likes

That is WONDERFUL! I love the peeking owl!

2 Likes

Oh wow, that owl is wonderful!!! Awesome way to combine media with the felt and the “tree”!

1 Like

I love that owl, @saintcady great job!

1 Like

Wonderful and creative…the tiny owl is amazing.

1 Like

I love that layered technique with the owl peeking through! And that tiny hoop is adorable!

That owl is great, and a miniature hoop! Great minds think alike, now that my partner has received, I can say that I made a miniature hoop as well as the regular one. Although not duplicate like these awesome ones

Two beautiful hooplas! :smiley: And a nice card, some tea (which I havent had a sip of yet, maybe tonight?)
Thank you so much Edel, they are lovely! :smiley:

6 Likes

@edel where did you find that tiny hoop?

AliExpress, but I have two left, I can send one if you’d like?

Edit: you’re my partner for the 4*6 swap, and I’m sending out today, so I’ll pop one in the envie

3 Likes

Thank you!!

I received a gorgeous hoop from @skrutt today. I love it!! Flamingos! Plus she made this really sweet little flamingo who will go on my flamingo Christmas tree. Plus some yummy tea. Thank you so much :grin::grin:

8 Likes

I received from @geekgirl!

It’s a Settlers of Catan board! Isn’t it beautiful?? I love the colors, textures, and precision of the perfectly tessellating hexagons and their blanket stitch borders. Thank you SO much! XD

Also, I just finally moved into my new place, and I’ve started the long task of getting all my fun wall art up and on display! Here’s the wall right over my work desk right now. There may be some familiar pieces here! XD

10 Likes