Hoopless Hoopla Swap Gallery

I have never used wonder under. Never even heard of it. And you still cut, too? As well as a sulky! So much work! Esp with the birds! It really paid off because this is epic, cADDc! And I know - stitching takes so much time! @wittychild and vital about it so much. But I just love it.

I did not use the turkey stitch, but another stitch to attach. It’s saved on my other device, but I will come back and post it. Promise!

1 Like

@craftADDchick

https://youtu.be/8LmJ_GkPOPw

In retro, I would have started with the pom clouds, and built out those values in both sides to make them more rolling, building up to the pom. Stitching with the yarn as well, to make it more multi-dimensional.

Meh. Next time.

1 Like

What a cool technique! I really like how she built up the stitches at the base of the flower. I’d be so nervous to cut the yarn!

1 Like

Snip, snip, snip!

1 Like

What a gallery! It makes me want to abandon the 4 projects I’m in the middle of and start stitching lol.

1 Like

I got my hoop from @Camelama today, and it is positively adorable!!!

Unfortunately my phone doesn’t take great photos at night, but I just couldn’t wait for better lighting, so just keep in mind that the colors are actually much more vibrant than these (and less yellow):

Isn’t it charming?!

In the boat are my plush eel Katsuyuki Moray (@katsuyukimoray on Instagram) and his dear octopus friend Kimutako, and they’re even in a friend-ship (“yujo” is “friendship” in Japanese), and some of their other friends can be spotted in the beautiful scenery around them! There are so many wonderful details on such a lovely background! I really really really love it!! Thank you so much!!

I’m going to try to post another photo tomorrow too, with better light. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Did you hear me shout out “holy smokes!” when I saw this?? Cuz I did. For real.

2 Likes

YAY! I am so glad you like it! Octopus arms are difficult to make 3d and curved - my original idea was octo would be rowing the boat but … making tentacles that can grasp oars and look good on all sides??? Impossible! LOL I decided the oars are resting inside the boat. :crazy_face:

And three tentacles are behind the octo, just the ends peeking up. Hee. The first version had a dark pink underbelly/arms like the stuffed one has, but that made it even more difficult to wrap the tentacles around things and to display.

I still dream about making tentacles…

5 Likes

@Camelama your hoop is so clever and imaginative! And incorporating rolers’ loves makes for such a touching, epic hoop.

I adore all the 3D effects - great execution! Love this project!!

1 Like

Holy crow, that just pops off the page…er, out of the hoop. I love the effect you achieved!

2 Likes

I heard you say that!

1 Like

I love all the little personal touches.

And this completes our wonderful gallery.

2 Likes

Just had to add a couple of photos in the daytime, because the last one really didn’t capture the vibrant colors!

This puts a smile on my face every time I see it!
And it almost looks like they’re boating right past my backyard, lake, lily pads and all!

Thanks again, Susan, for capturing my plushie loves in such a cute and cheerful way! XD

7 Likes

Woah. It IS vibrant!

I want to go on an adventure with them. Even in a bucket boat!

2 Likes

Amazing! I didn’t even notice the boat name in the original photo! And, I love that she made the whole thing in mostly felt- it’s just another way that it’s perfect for you. The sky and water fabric a excellent choices and add so much, without distracting from the felt details. Its so cool how it extends beyond the edges of the hoop, too. So beautifully done!

3 Likes

Oh I am so happy about that second photo … I pictured them on that lake!

1 Like

You guys made amazing hoops!

1 Like