Hope - A Little Fairy Frog

Meet Hope. She’s a little fairy frog who loves to flit from pond to pond looking for the best water lilies to lounge on.

Made from polymer clay and accented with acrylic paint, Hope features a pair of delicate fairy wings made from wire and angelina film and accented with superfine glitter and two tiny crystals. Hope is just under 2 inches wide and one and a half inches high.

Hope is being donated to the Craft Stars Garage Sale.

Process pics
Hope pre-glam up & sporting a pair of test wings I discarded.

Making fairy wings:
Wire outline

Angelina film glued & cut

Wings after film was melted a bit at the edges & glitter & crystal accents added

18 Likes

This is the cutest!

1 Like

What a fun idea! I would’ve never come up with the idea of a fairy frog. Fairy? Yes. Frog? Yes. But fairy frog, I just don’t think my brain would’ve come up with such a concept. I’m glad yours did because she’s so whimsical and cute!

I love her little wings (and am now going to look up angelina film). Hope is sure to bring happiness wherever she goes!

1 Like

Thank you! I just added process pics on the wings. Angelina film is fantastic for fairy wings and there are some great tutorials out there for using it. If you want to play with it, I could send you a small bit (my roll is ownly 4" across) in a card so you can make tiny wings.

2 Likes

Thank you!

She’s so cute! The detailing makes such a difference…wow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So sweet! Love the spotty/bumpy texture on the skin.

1 Like

Thank you! Even just a touch of paint or chalk helps being polymer clay to life.

1 Like

Thank you!

So fine and delicate

1 Like

Those process pics are great! I especially enjoyed seeing how you created the wings. I would love to try that film out, but I have no idea what I’d make with it. Does it harden up a bit when you heat it? My brain is equating it as something similar to shrinky dinks and how they thicken and harden when heated.

What kind of material did you use for the original wings?

What a cute lil frog

1 Like

I tried to buy angelina film ages ago but could only find it in a huge amount for hundreds of dollars. I think it’s used a lot is cosplay, like worbla plastic. Very cool stuff.

1 Like

Hope is adorable!! Love the wings.

1 Like

Thank you!

The original wings were wire, shimmery iridescent fabric, and gold paint.

The angelina film is delicate and light. Setting the edges with heat causes them to harden slightly but still quite light and ephemeral. I’ve only ever used it for wings but I’m sure there must be other uses. It’s cool stuff.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you, Abbie!

Cosplay and art dolls are where I’ve seen it used a lot. I think I bought this tiny roll off etsy?

Hope is adorable. I love the coloring and the wings! :star_struck:

1 Like