House Divided Carpenter Wheel Blanket

I made this blanket a few years ago as a gift for a couple - one person liked Michigan & the other liked Michigan State, so it has the colors for both. :grin:
(I might have shared it on the old site, but I donโ€™t remember.)

(I had to stand on a ladder to get a decent photo :laughing:)

Pattern: based on Carpenter Wheel C2C
Hook: I (5.5 mm)
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Grey Heather, Gold, Soft Navy, White, Hunter Green

I used these tutorials:

Each block is a 12x12 corner-to-corner square (~8.5" square), and I joined them as I crocheted so I didnโ€™t have to sew a bunch of squares together at the end. The blanket ended up ~68" square without the border, then I added a border of 4 rounds of double crochet.

Some in-progress pictures:

& of course I had help weaving in all the ends:

17 Likes

This is justโ€ฆWOW!
:star_struck:
Do you recall how long it took?

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

It took me a little over 2 years, but thatโ€™s because I set it down for a long time in the middle. When I was working on it consistently to finish it, it looks like a row took around a week.

1 Like

That came out great!

1 Like

Such a cool design for that particular theme! I bet there is also a rivalry over who gets to use it!

1 Like

What a cool looking blanket! I thought this was a patchwork quilt, until I started reading.

1 Like

Crocheting in squares and assembling as you go send so much more practical than all the mini balls of yarn Iโ€™ve seen on most C2C patterns. It looks gorgeous!

2 Likes

This is just fabulous! What a cool design!

1 Like

Wow!! Super cool design. I love that the colors combine their respective teams!

1 Like

Thank you all! :smiley:

Wow, from the thumbnail I thought it was a quilt but discovered itโ€™s crocheted :flushed: great job!

1 Like

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: Congrats! Your project is one of this weekโ€™s Featured Projects! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

1 Like

I remember this blanket! Impresses the heck outta me.

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiley:

Thatโ€™s hilarious and amazing that you combined the team colors. It turned out fantastic!

1 Like

Wow! That looks like a lot of work, but the results are amazing!

1 Like