House ornament

In the ongoing ornament swap I chose @marionberries and the theme of tiny houses. Marionberries told me she had a foster cat mom & three kittens in her house, and I decided to combine them into the ornament!

I found a picture of a vintage Christmas card and printed it out, glued it to some hard cardboard, glitter-ModPodge’d it, added glitter for snow, and attached it to the front of an Altoids tin. Then I had some candy-cane striped washi tape, and used that on the sides of the tin. I found two illustrations of three cats that are sort of like her foster kittens, glitter-Mod-Podge’d them and glued them on the back of the tin & inside the tin. I added red glitter, glued the ribbon to the outside, and done!

I like the idea that the tin became a kind of house itself, and the scenes are like looking in and looking out. And now the ornament commemorates the year she had foster kittens for Christmas. :slight_smile: :evergreen_tree: :gift:

18 Likes

Adorable! I love that you included the kitties!! I’m sure it’ll be a treasure she’ll look forward to adding to her tree each year.

1 Like

I LOVE this tin! How it shows the kitties from inside and out… and the vintage card… and all the glittery parts…

1 Like

Cats and Christmas seem to go together! This is really cute and gives me an idea for a few small ornament gifts!

1 Like

Sweet!

1 Like

This is so adorably charming!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is so sweet.

1 Like

Sweet and a great way to remember 2020 (as opposed to how many will remember it).

1 Like

It’s really pretty on the tree as it softly sparkles. My foster kitties and I thank you.

2 Likes

Cute I have about 20 altoid tins I need to do this too

2 Likes

Kitties!!!

1 Like