How do you store your paintings?

I have some paintings i have done, and some “UFO” s ( un finished objects ) laying around. Well, not exacly ,but stacked in a box. When i moved, i kind of lost my painting and creative space since this appartement is smaller. I want to ask you painters, how do you store your paintings?
Just so its said, no, they are not going on my wall yet.
I would love to have a extra room for all my crafting, but for now i gotta take all stuff out and clear it away every time. I have to try to figure out a solution for a workstation, or something.
Back to my question , i will appreciate your advice on how to best store my paintings.

4 Likes

If they are done on framed canvases, you might build a storage rack from wooden slats.
To save space, you could make it double height.

If they are on paper, you might keep them in a cardboard art folder. You could place that folder in a wooden V-shape frame, so you can easily look through or show your paintings, without having to take them out of the folder.

3 Likes

I have a couple Itoya art portfolios for my watercolor paintings. They are archival safe. You can buy them on Amazon or at art stores. They come in lots of sizes, even up to 24 inches by 36 inches.

3 Likes

Thank you, @madebyBeaG for replying to me :grinning:
I have framed, homemade, storebought in a happy mix . I actually playing with an idea for combining a workplace with storage . My good friend @Imera had a super cool cabinet thingy, i gotta remember to ask where she got that

2 Likes

Thank you @bluebird ! Going to check them out

2 Likes

I know you said you wouldn’t hang them, but out of sight, out of mind. You might consider hanging one as an inspiration to finish it! We would all love to see what you’re doing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I would hang them too, seems a great solution to not enough floor space. Plus you’d see at a glance what there is to work on. I think I’d find that quite inspiring. It might keep me from adding more UFOs as well, having all those partially completed projects staring me in the face, lol.

1 Like

Thank you, @gozer and @Magpie
I will post some, just gotta agree with myself first . I m not very confident, and i dont really show my paintings to anyone. But, getting input and ideas is always great.
Totally agree on that, @Magpie , its a lot easier to see what the next step is or whats missing after watching it for a bit.
Thank you everyone

1 Like

You should do what makes you feel comfortable! It’s your art, after all. It should make you feel great.

1 Like

6 Likes

First up, those are gorgeous! You should most definitely make a separate post for them. Especially that horse! Though, I am drawn to the fence post. It has a certain feel to it.
That being said, I completely get not feeling ready to show your art. This year I decided to just post up, even if I don’t like it. My goal is to get better at watercolors and I think for me, it is a great motivation to show people my improvements. I also think it will be neat to look back on the year and see for myself how much I have progressed.

2 Likes

Gobsmacked.
You are incredible!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @gozer ! I love old weathered wood, and i had to try to get that fencepost down. I dont like the flowers, but i m not sure what to do with it yet.
A lot of my paintings are of animals, and a big dream of mine is to make a painting of my white longfurred cat. Not managed to get the hang of painting fur ( or hair) yet. Maybe this year :slight_smile:
Thank you for your comment <3

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Magpie !
<3

1 Like

You did great on the horse’s hair!

I love the effects you got on the fence post and the mane; I feel like cat hair would be similar. I hope you keep painting!

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I started acrylic painting almost under force, i had to pick a group to participate in during a stay at hospital and painting was the most " stay on your @ss activity so… i never would have thought i could paint anything, and i was not expecting to be able to do it. But i did and it gives me so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great story! Art is good for healing, I think. So glad you are doing art, however it happened. And glad you found our little community.

1 Like

What a great way to find your hidden talent! I have no idea on storage, but nice job with your paintings!

1 Like