Hum Drum Curtains

After two years of dealing with a fleece blanket hanging over the window in the staircase to my husband’s music studio, I finally finished the curtains I started back in 2019…it only took my sister coming to visit me to get me motivated! She would have chided me about the tackiness of the fleece blanket forever, lol, even though nobody would ever really see them.

Oh, well…they are done! Can you tell what instruments he plays?

19 Likes

This is spectacular! Very fitting

2 Likes

Hahaha…gotta appreciate that external motivation! :wink: They look great! Fun fabric perfect for the studio.

2 Likes

Family visits can be such intense motivators! These are great! And based on the title, my guess is that your husband is a hum artist.

3 Likes

lol I try to mix not so fun projects that are necessary with fun ones that I get immersed it…curtains are not fun, but at least I liked the fabric! They are fully lined with large hems…being renters, I tend to recycle my curtains as needed, so I am sure down the road, they will show up in another place…one less “not so fun” thing to sew next time!

5 Likes

The came out really nice! I try to mix the fun and not so fun projects too! It’s so much easier to be motivated for the fun stuff.

2 Likes

Love that you included a generous hem allowance for future use. And yes, a sibling’s razzing is definitely good motivation to get things done!

3 Likes

I think it’s awesome that you made something that he’ll see and appreciate every day! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks…he mentioned to me yesterday that the drum set in the fabric looks almost identical to his current set up! So, at least he is noticing them… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Love them!