Hummingbird Quilling

I was partnered with Lynx2Lancer in the Common Grounds swap. She asked for a hummingbird and showed me a few designs that she liked. I did not want to directly copy them so I used parts from each and came up with my own spin on one. I have not been quilling long so it wasn’t too complicated.

Then of course if you do a bird you need flowers. So I looked through the flower quilling book I just got in and found the lilacs. I did a bunch up but wanted more than just purple. I found the other flowers next to put in the bottom, then added the star ones to the front since this is a deep box I used.

Out of the box

In the box with the flowers added in the bottom

This is hours and hours of work done over two weeks. Quilling is a slow process but I enjoy it. It is very relaxing.

19 Likes

This looks great. I used to quill a lot and know how time consuming it is. Not super hard just so time consuming.
I think you did an awesome job.

1 Like

Wow! This is beautiful! The shadowbox showcases it nicely.

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

lovely work…quilling has always fascinated me, but it is very time consuming and you must have so much patience…love the colors…

1 Like

Thank you so much for making this for me! I knew you hadn’t been quilling long, and I am so grateful that you spent so much time working on this for me. It’s even better that you didn’t directly copy any of the ideas I showed you. This is really special, and already hanging on my wall. It’s a treasure.
:metal:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Hummingbird Quilling is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Wow that is beautifully done. You had a super lucky swap partner!

1 Like

Well deserved!

Oh wow! Second time to be a featured project and both happened this year! :partying_face:

1 Like

WOW! What a great quilling project!

1 Like

I’ts beautiful!