Hygge Holiday Throw

The very lovely @PerfectlyBohemian sent me 10 skeins of beautiful Sugar Bush Canoe yarn in this pretty lilac purple color. She had rescued the yarn from a tent sale, but didn’t know what to make with it, so sent it to me. 10 skeins was a lot, more than I needed to make a sweater or hat, but not quite enough to make an afghan. After doing some digging around online I found an awesome throw pattern for free, called the Hygge Holiday Throw that was just about perfect for the amount of purple I had. I found few more balls in a contrasting mulberry color on Zulily, and set to work.

It’s about 36" wide with the added border, and about 50" long. (I’m guessing. My dining table that it’s laying on is 3’x5’).

When I got to the end of the pattern, it called for a single border of mulberry, but I had 1.5 skeins of purple, and 1.75 of mulberry left, so I decided to add to the border in an effort to use up as much of the yarn as possible. After the initial border, I did a second round of single crochet in mulberry, then a round of double crochet in purple, and finally 2 more rows of single crochet in mulberry. I had just enough mulberry for the tassels, but not the ties on the tassels, so I did those with some of the leftover purple for contrast, and love how they look.

24 Likes

Pretty! It looks so cozy!

2 Likes

The yarn is a mix of wool and alpaca, so it should be quite cozy warm.

2 Likes

Love these colors together!!

3 Likes

It came out so gorgeous!! I love the color combo you used. It looks amazingly comfy too. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This is perfect for the cooling weather. Very pretty. I love those tassels!

2 Likes

This looks very cozy - perfect for tea, reading, and a kitty cuddle.

1 Like

that is lovely! The colors are perfect together, and tassels are my new fave thang!

1 Like

Sooo cozy and gorgeous. That textured stitch really showcases the yarn!

1 Like

Super pretty. I love the tassels!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Hygge Holiday Throw is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

My goodness this looks cozy and comforting!

1 Like

Good job on using up the yarn! And to a very good use, indeed! The color combo is great and it looks snuggly, too.

1 Like

Thanks friends!

1 Like

Beautiful! I just love the colors. And who doesn’t love tassels?

1 Like

Tassels! Reminds me of Magic Carpet. I bet with that yarn it’ll be super comfy.

1 Like