I did an invisible mend!

Well, sort of…

One of my dang-they’re-so-cosy-slippers was getting tired. So I decided to mend it. But hey, you can’t see the damage anymore which makes it an invisible mend right? ;-D

23 Likes

:joy: Great save! It looks like you were inspired by Japanese Kintsugi, where they mend pottery with gold…

8 Likes

Nice! Visible is more fun, anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am a huge fan of visible mending and I LOVE THIS! Really great work!!!

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I was going to compliment you on your mending job but I can’t see where it was mended :smiley::joy:

8 Likes

I love it! I’ve been wanting to do some decorative mending on some well loved clothing too. Thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

You are most welcome! ;-D

1 Like

It’s so easy to thrown damaged goods in the bin but it’s so much more fun and rewarding when you take a few minutes to figure out how to repair the goods and enjoy them even more afterwards…

3 Likes

Awesome! Now you get a little splash of color with every step, even on gloomy days!

3 Likes

What mend, I don’t see a mend…:rofl: Just the kind of crafty “save the slippers” action I like.

2 Likes

Now it’s easier to tell right from left, too!

3 Likes

Everytime I look down I think “Dang, I spilled something on my slipper!” “Ow, wait, it’s the invisible mend, it’s ok” ;-D

2 Likes

That’s like the most positive thing about this mend, I don’t have to put “Left”-“Right” labels in my slippers anymore ;-D

2 Likes

You did an amazing job, DH!
And since I’ve got many more colors of embroidery thread, I’m looking forward for the next hole in your slipper.

3 Likes

DH punching a hole in the other slipper…

3 Likes

I see the petal for the flower you started on your slipper! Very nice! Black Eyed Susan?

1 Like

You’ve done the sort of sketchy thread drawing I think looks the coolest! I can’t get mine to look like that though I haven’t given up trying. Nice save.

1 Like

Love this!

2 Likes

You can do this Magpie. There was an island of felt missing, I filled it up by “pulling” the sides gently together with the embroidering thread, making sure each thread lined up nicely to the previous one. Now you end up with a field of yellow goodness. Next, I winged it: I put the thread haphazardly up and down thru the nicely aligned stitches to make the mend strong. Et voilà!
So @Harlan, no Black Eyed Susan. I’ll remember that for the next time my slipper starts breaking up and in need of another mend… ;-D

3 Likes