I drew a bookmark

Size: 5x15 cm (2x6 inch).
Drawn with a 0.5 mm black fineliner on white paper.
I hope you like it.

23 Likes

Rows and rows of books…this looks like my idea of heaven! You achieved such a great effect using just a black pen.

4 Likes

Every nook and cranny filled. Love it!

3 Likes

So much detail! Very, very cool!

2 Likes

So much detail!!! It looks like my bookshelves- packed with goodies!

1 Like

Your drawing has captured the mystery of an unfamiliar, packed book shelf! I’ve recently been reading a Edward Gorey biography and this reminds me of his work.

4 Likes

I can totally see the Gorey-ness in this piece! I think it’s the cross-hatching. It’s really wonderful.

2 Likes

Wow, this is wonderful! Perfect for a bookmark.

1 Like

I agree! And the sheer density of the lines.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
At first I wasn’t so happy with my drawing, since the fineliner I used was a bit too thick for this size of drawing. I couldn’t draw neat details.
But obviously this style works too. No need to always be a perfectionist…
I had to Google Edward Gorey, and feel honored to have my drawing compared to his work!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous, you could copy it onto thick paper and put them into the books in your little free library

3 Likes

That’s just what I planned to do. Great minds…
Unfortunately our printer refuses to do thick paper any longer. Might be time for a new one.

Yes, I think the thicker lines work perfectly for this drawing. On one hand it’s very detailed but it’s not too detailed - if your lines were thinner, you would have added even more details and it may have been too much. It looks like a “simple” enough drawing, almost the type of thing you’d draw while in a meeting, but at the same time it’s all very well thought out so it’s clearly not a doodle. It just looks effortless, but I know it takes a lot of skill to make something look easy!

1 Like

Thank you, @Immaculata !

1 Like

This is fantastic and so realistic.

1 Like

:fire: This project is hot, hot, hot! And one of this week’s featured projects! Congrats! :fire:

2 Likes

I love it. It is so perfect. :heart::heart:

1 Like

Aww, thanks!
And thank you for the feature!

The detail is phenomenal! What an adorable little bookmark!

1 Like

What a fabulous variety of books- it makes me want to reach into the drawing and pluck one off of the shelves! Such detail in such a small space, yet not overwhelming- nicely done!

1 Like