I feel an addiction coming on ๐Ÿ™ˆ

I got a new toy, a button maker! I have seriously wanted one since I was a little girl and we got to design our own badges at my primary school fete one year.

I bought a We R Memory Keepers button press kit. It originally came with the medium size button and enough materials to make 5 badges.

The first one I made had me SO excited :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: I chose a really cute scrapbooking paper with tiny prints.

On the weekend I bought the large sized button press (2.25 inches) and 100 sets of materials from ebay (far cheaper than the WRMK branded ones) and they arrived today.

Hereโ€™s my first large one!

I want to turn ALL of the things into badges!!!

32 Likes

I love your badges! Soon youโ€™ll have a different badge for every day of the year :laughing:

2 Likes

They are just so fun!
I canโ€™t wait to turn some of my treasured fabrics into badges (minus the Mylar for texture) and even little tiny embroideries!!

4 Likes

Those are all super cute! I love the big one.

Iโ€™ve been looking at that button maker myself.

2 Likes

Well, dang. You already made me buy the envelope maker (which I LOVE) and I suppose Iโ€™m off to go window shop at button makers now. :laughing:

Seriously, though. This is great! And if you guys have โ€œfun daysโ€ at school you can coordinate buttons!

3 Likes

Those look great! I canโ€™t wait to see what else you come up with.

2 Likes

Youโ€™re going to make so many adorable badges. :heart:

2 Likes

Oooh. I remember making buttons in school. I wanted one so much too. I think these are so fun and I canโ€™t wait to see more from you!
PS. I love RRH so that one is perfection!

3 Likes

How fun is this? And your buttons are so dang CUUUUTE!!! I loved making buttons as a kid. Now I want a button maker, tooโ€ฆ!

2 Likes

Oh, fun! I periodically covet the tiny size of these, but havenโ€™t gotten one yet.

1 Like

@thanate Now that I know the off brand button parts work fine with the machine, Iโ€™m going to buy the tiny size ASAP. The machine is interchangeable between three sizes.

@Whistlefishโ€ฆooops :speak_no_evil: but yay! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Imagine tiny little cross stitch pieces on a badge! :wink::wink:

@gozer RRH is one of my faves too, and this actually came from an envelope from a Daiso letter set :grinning:

@LuckyXIIICreations I can vouch for its ease and quality :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

This is so cool! I would be making ALL THE BADGES!

2 Likes

Shut up! So stinking cute! I need a button maker or a button maker friend. LOL!

2 Likes

You have found a just-right medium! I canโ€™t wait to see what you come up withโ€ฆ especially the embroideries you mentioned. WOO!

1 Like

You got me babe :slight_smile::hugs:

Well, would you just take a look at that! :star_struck: This crafted-up awesomeness is a Featured Project this week. CONGRATS! :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And consider that you can print your name on scrapbook paper to make buttons and no more โ€œMy name isโ€ฆโ€ sticker at events! (When weโ€™re allowed to have such things again.) I did various ones for my quarterly crochet group meets and one for my Grandmother for her monthly high school reunion meets. Complete with a picture of her from 1945!

3 Likes

Iโ€™ve wanted a button maker for forever. Just donโ€™t have room to keep one quite yet.

1 Like

This one isnโ€™t that big, and the handle unscrews so it can store even smaller :wink:

1 Like