I feel an addiction coming on 🙈

I got a new toy, a button maker! I have seriously wanted one since I was a little girl and we got to design our own badges at my primary school fete one year.

I bought a We R Memory Keepers button press kit. It originally came with the medium size button and enough materials to make 5 badges.

The first one I made had me SO excited :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: I chose a really cute scrapbooking paper with tiny prints.

On the weekend I bought the large sized button press (2.25 inches) and 100 sets of materials from ebay (far cheaper than the WRMK branded ones) and they arrived today.

Here’s my first large one!

I want to turn ALL of the things into badges!!!

32 Likes

I love your badges! Soon you’ll have a different badge for every day of the year :laughing:

2 Likes

They are just so fun!
I can’t wait to turn some of my treasured fabrics into badges (minus the Mylar for texture) and even little tiny embroideries!!

4 Likes

Those are all super cute! I love the big one.

I’ve been looking at that button maker myself.

2 Likes

Well, dang. You already made me buy the envelope maker (which I LOVE) and I suppose I’m off to go window shop at button makers now. :laughing:

Seriously, though. This is great! And if you guys have “fun days” at school you can coordinate buttons!

3 Likes

Those look great! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

2 Likes

You’re going to make so many adorable badges. :heart:

2 Likes

Oooh. I remember making buttons in school. I wanted one so much too. I think these are so fun and I can’t wait to see more from you!
PS. I love RRH so that one is perfection!

3 Likes

How fun is this? And your buttons are so dang CUUUUTE!!! I loved making buttons as a kid. Now I want a button maker, too…!

2 Likes

Oh, fun! I periodically covet the tiny size of these, but haven’t gotten one yet.

1 Like

@thanate Now that I know the off brand button parts work fine with the machine, I’m going to buy the tiny size ASAP. The machine is interchangeable between three sizes.

@Whistlefish…ooops :speak_no_evil: but yay! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Imagine tiny little cross stitch pieces on a badge! :wink::wink:

@gozer RRH is one of my faves too, and this actually came from an envelope from a Daiso letter set :grinning:

@LuckyXIIICreations I can vouch for its ease and quality :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

This is so cool! I would be making ALL THE BADGES!

2 Likes

Shut up! So stinking cute! I need a button maker or a button maker friend. LOL!

2 Likes

You have found a just-right medium! I can’t wait to see what you come up with… especially the embroideries you mentioned. WOO!

1 Like

You got me babe :slight_smile::hugs:

Well, would you just take a look at that! :star_struck: This crafted-up awesomeness is a Featured Project this week. CONGRATS! :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And consider that you can print your name on scrapbook paper to make buttons and no more “My name is…” sticker at events! (When we’re allowed to have such things again.) I did various ones for my quarterly crochet group meets and one for my Grandmother for her monthly high school reunion meets. Complete with a picture of her from 1945!

3 Likes

I’ve wanted a button maker for forever. Just don’t have room to keep one quite yet.

1 Like

This one isn’t that big, and the handle unscrews so it can store even smaller :wink:

1 Like