I finished this cute and quick crocheted doorstop-basket

I needed a doorstop for my door to the garage, and the one I ordered online had a shipping problem. I took matters into my own hands and had fun using some of my yarn stash! :yarn:

Here’s the link to the pattern I used:
https://lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/free-crochet-patterns/rainbow-storage-doorstop/

19 Likes

It is really nice! I love the colors you used and when I read the original function, I can see it working at the bottom of our stairs for all those weird things that never make it back to where they belong!

It looks like you used cotton yarn…were they leftovers and what yarn? Thanks for sharing…it is really lovely.

1 Like

Really pretty. I love the color palette that you used. What did you weight it with?

1 Like

I’m really digging that pattern and the combination of colors! Super awesome solution to your need for a door stop! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you!
I did use cotton. Some were leftover bits, but all colors were stuff that I already had on hand, which was really satisfying.
It would absolutely work for taking those little things up and down stairs! It’s a really nice size for that.

2 Likes

I have dried beans in a plastic bag to keep it heavy enough to hold the door open. I also thought about just putting in a few large rocks.
Thank you for the compliment!

1 Like

Very cool and resourceful! I also love your color choices.

1 Like

I like the pattern and your colour choices. Good idea on the dried beans.

1 Like

Cute little basket, and great colors :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wonderful bag, and very pretty

1 Like

Super cute! Great color combination.

1 Like

What a fun and pretty doorstop! Great work!

1 Like

That is so pretty! I wouldn’t want to leave it on the floor. Inspiration to vacuum and mop to keep it clean guess :smile:

1 Like