I gave you the moon

I made this ceramic moon ornament for my husband for Christmas. We have been in love with the moon and all her facets since we were kids. He frequently took long walks in high school in the middle of the night and had many conversations with her. I am, and have always been, most creative in the evening and late into the night. The moon is a constant companion. When we finally got married this past September it was on Friday the 13th, and there was a harvest moon that night. She is a forever friend.

28 Likes

I love it! Reminds me of It’s a Wonderful Life when he says he’d lasso the moon and give it to her. I’m a big fan of lovely Lady Luna too so that’s an awesomely sweet and meaningful gift.

1 Like

Sweet story and beautiful craft! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Simple, and beautiful and wonderful. Well done.

1 Like

i love a good love story.

1 Like

Lol, It gets better… I was 13 when we first met (he was 14). Also… This was our 13th year together. We didn’t start dating until our late twenties. I’ll share the details another time. :wink:

ohhhhhhhhh, I feel like this is an epic story. I dearly want to hear this when you are ready!

1 Like

Love this! What a thoughtful gift

1 Like

How beautiful!!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

This is beautiful and clearly full of wonderful meaning :heart:

1 Like

What a thoughtful gift and such a sweet story. I adore the painting technique you used on it!

1 Like

Thank you. I painted an underglaze all over then wiped it back. The dark areas are carved out spaces. This photo is actually just before it went through the cone 6 firing. It did not change much though after its final firing

Thank you everyone. My husband is not a very material person (it’s enough to have one packrat in the house. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) so it is always a little challenge to come up with gift ideas for him.

I LOVE THE MOON. She is one of my favorites. :crescent_moon:

1 Like

I feel like I am waiting on tender hooks for the epic tale of love to illuminate such a sweet and personal gift.

1 Like

The story behind the moon, and your past with the moon is amazing. Such a great gift, and it’s so pretty :smiley:

1 Like

I love it! And p.s. happy birthday!

1 Like

Okay, okay…

We met in the 8th grade, I was 13, he was 14. We had a tight circle of friends. We never dated each other as one of us was always with someone else. Our chemistry was palpable though. Years later people would say, “finally!” when they found out that we were together. I moved away in high school, then moved halfway across the country after we graduated. I didn’t see him for almost a decade. I found myself back in our hometown in my late 20’s, visiting a mutual friend. I asked about him, she called him up, and the rest is history I suppose. Our son was on his way within a couple of months . We had two more kids, girls, over the next several years. We had some really dark times there in the middle but now we joke, “poverty, keeping families together.” This was about the time I left the original craft site. We were both pretty depressed and unhappy. But… we came out of it somehow. We are tickled by each other again. We love the other fiercely. We are sometimes surprised that we made it through, we’d been so unhappy… but here we are. Finally got married. It only took 13 years, well, maybe closer to 29. :wink:

5 Likes

I love it, thank you for sharing :heartpulse:

Dark times can bind you even more tightly together if you can manage to hold on through it all. I’m happy that you did, we did over here too. XO

1 Like