I’m smitten in my mittens with Bernie!

Late to the party as usual I finally finished my crochet Bernie Sanders with his mittens

Pattern here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/933832118/bernies-mittens-crochet-doll-pattern-pdf?ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1

I apologize I’m terrible at taking pictures

Now to find him a bench…

25 Likes

Well done! So fun, he looks a grouchy old coot, no? Hilarious.

2 Likes

A striking likeness!!

1 Like

I will never tire of this.

2 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Looks great!

My younger brother went over to his daughter’s house and she had the one I made her on her home office desk! He keeps bugging me to make him one, but he is not even a supporter! No…I am not a skilled ami maker and this one was so fiddly with the glasses and mittens (yours turned out great!)…

3 Likes

I agree! One of a kind items only! I am very reluctant to make anything more than once

2 Likes

I agree, making something once is magical, twice and the tedium starts to set in. This many times, I can’t even imagine!

3 Likes

That is insanity!

It sort of pisses me off because so many people are not giving credit to the original designer…and did you see the prices? I am going to let my niece know she got a bargain! lol

2 Likes

That’s the cheapest one I saw, $25. I’ve seen them go upwards of $60. I’m hesitant to sell anything I don’t design myself even with permission from the designer

2 Likes

The $25 is for the 3 inch doll…our are about 8 inches? They are going for about $60…I mean, I know they were a lot of work…I don’t begrudge that…I just think they should have given the designer credit…

2 Likes

He turned out adorable. I also hate making multiples of something. He was all alone when the iconic image was taken. Multiples would kind of ruin that. LOL!

3 Likes

So stinking awesome!

1 Like

Love love love! I’m so happy you made a Bernie!!

1 Like

I got him a bench!

5 Likes

Well, he needed one!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Crochet Bernie is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

I am so in love with this little guy. :heart:

1 Like

Seriously, his face! Sooo grouchy, I am loving it!

1 Like