I made a cat. (Lots of photos)

I was in the mood to needle felt, but didn’t know what I wanted to make. We’ve had a cutest stray cat visit a few nights (but not the past few) so I settled on a cat.

I choose a variegated orange wool roving from my stash and got to work.

I added brown embroidery floss for whiskers and between the nose and tongue.

20240121_200041

20240121_200046

I still have a lot to learn and skills to hone in on, but I’m happy with how it turne out. I really am pleased with the ears.

20240121_200351

20240121_200356
20240121_200347
20240121_200343

Thanks for looking!

20 Likes

He’s so cute!

1 Like

cute!

1 Like

What a cute little guy.
He does look like Simba :lion:

1 Like

He’s tiny and purr-fectly adorable!

1 Like

Too sweet! :smile_cat:

1 Like

I really want to learn to felt! He’s a cute little orange boy whom I imagine to be up to no good! My former orange cat was never not up to hijinks. It just wasn’t in his nature to behave🥰

1 Like

Cute!

It looks great! I still haven’t tried felting something 3D. My sister has and makes some awesome stuff, but I find it daunting. You can make a bunch of kitty pals in all sorts of colors!

2 Likes

I’m thinking about it!

1 Like

Adorable :cat2:

Cute kitty! Needle felting is one of those crafts that seems like it would be hard to do, especially on such a small scale. Like, I can’t understand how you get into all the nooks and crannies in small areas like the neck.

You make many pieces separately then felt them together, so the head was a ball, the body was separate, and both sets of legs were logs I folded and felted to the body.

2 Likes

Ah! That makes more sense to my brain.

2 Likes

Very cute!

:sparkles: Congratulations!! Your Felted Cat is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkles:

1 Like

Yep, the ears are sweet. You chose a nice color and shape.

1 Like