I made myself a new bag

@Cindy, I used batting in between the outer cotton fabric and the lining, to make it more sturdy and to protect the contents.

Everyone, thanks for your lovely comments and compliments!

3 Likes

Great bag! I like how the fabric makes it look like the outside is scalloped or curved. And inside pockets are awesome, I love pockets :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That bag is beautiful, you will be getting a lot of envious looks from book lovers everywhere!

1 Like

Wow, 13 pockets? I would forever lose things in that many but how nice to be able to make pockets for exactly what you need. And I am amazed at the pattern matching you managed between the flap and the body of the bag!

1 Like

A place for everything and everything in its place! And the fabric is just too cool!

1 Like

I love books and fussy cutting. This rocks.

1 Like

The fabric choice really sets off the shape of the bag; it’s fabulous!

And 13 pockets?! Be still my heart! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very cute and such fun fabric for a book lover.

1 Like

Congrats! Your awesome purse is one of this week’s featured projects.

3 Likes

SUPER gorgeous! I LOVE that fabric!

1 Like

This is amazing! I’m so impressed with how well you lined up the prints! Beautiful bag. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feature, kittykill!

I love this. I may need to hunt down fabric like this because my honey was an English major. This is a really fun bag. I imagine you will get so many compliments on it.

1 Like

14 years! That’s amazing!

I would love a purse with that many pockets. I carry essentials oils with me everywhere and it would keep them all upright and organized. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

@artsycandice, I bought my fabric online at Spoonflower.

The way the flap fabric matches perfectly with the front panel just :clap: is :clap: AMAZING: :clap:

1 Like

Aw, thanks @Manders !
It’s lovely to get a compliment on something three and a half years after I posted it.
And I’m still using the bag.

1 Like

I wasn’t here then so my message is late lol

1 Like

Never too late!

1 Like

That’s true! Lol

1 Like