I made myself a new bag

My previous handmade bag for daily use lasted for 14 years.
About time for a new one!

I bought this fabric online (I love books…) to make three simple pillow cases and I had enough leftover fabric to make this bag. It is my own design.

It has 13 fitted pockets on the inside.
That is the big advantage of making your own bag. You know what you want to fit in it.

This is what the pillow cases look like:

I hope you like my bag and pillow cases.

45 Likes

What a great bag! Those pockets are probably a big time saver for finding things! And that fabric is super cool!

2 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Nice bag design and you did a great job of lining up the pattern on that fantastic fabric!

2 Likes

That is really neat!! And all the pockets :heart: (nothing better than a pockety bag!)

2 Likes

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

2 Likes

Wow!!

2 Likes

Your new bag is wonderful! Love the that book fabric and the lovely burnt orange you chose for the interior. Well done!

2 Likes

How gorgeous!

2 Likes

What a fun bag!

2 Likes

Love the fabric and how you lined the front up perfectly! Love all the pockets too!

2 Likes

Lovely work! That fabric is beautiful. :heart::heart:

2 Likes
  1. This bag is so cool.
  2. You lined up the fabric so perfectly!!
2 Likes

Awesome fabric choice! Hope the bag holds up as well as the last one! :grin:

2 Likes

Fantastic bag and pillow cases! As a nerdy bookworm, I love the fabric you chose, and how you made the front flap fabric align with the fabric beneath it. Perfection! The inside is lovely with that cheerful orange. You tailored it to your specifications. May it last forever!

1 Like

Great use of this fabric!

Is it cotton fabric? I’ve been wondering about using fabric for a purse but didn’t know how it would stand up.

1 Like

Gasp! I thought I loved the bookish outside, but that pockety inside is the best!

1 Like

I love the fabric and the shape of the bag. Gorgeous work!

1 Like

This is so great. I love both the pillowcases and the bag.

1 Like

I love your bag! And yes, your own design is the best!
Great work! :orange_heart: :metal:t3:

1 Like