I made myself a skirt!

So, I thought this would be pretty straightforward, until I realized that the last time I used this pattern I was MUCH slimmer. And I’m usually pretty careful not to cut the larger sizes off of a pattern but I clearly was too optimistic at the time about not gaining weight. :woman_facepalming:

Aaaaaanyway… I had to add 1 1/2 inches on all the seam allowances. I tried it on and realized it was too big in the waist (but NOT the hips- sadly) so I had to take it in a bit. Then I had to reshape the bottom of the skirt because it was really flowy-er than I wanted. Then I cut 11 inches off the bottom because not only was it much longer than I wanted, but I had this trim for the bottom that was going to add 5 inches to the length! Funny thing is, I’ve had the trim in stash for about 5 years waiting for this moment. I finally quit procrastinating and bought some fabric for it and got busy!

Long story short (too late), here’s the skirt:

27 Likes

It turned out so cute! And that fabric is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Very pretty! And you pattern-tweakers always impress me. BTW, you still look very slim to me!

3 Likes

It looks great! Fabulous fabric choice, too. Well done!

2 Likes

That trim is great! Excellent choice of project.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

You’re sweet! I wish I felt slimmer than I am but I sure appreciate the compliment!

2 Likes

It’s a stunner. I love how it can dress up and down. Nice work!

2 Likes

Worth all the twists and turns! It looks great!

2 Likes

Very pretty! And the trim just makes it that much more lovely

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

All your diligence paid off, because the skirt - and YOU in it - look GREAT! Your fabric choice is wonderful with that trim. I love that the floral has a subtle diagonal placement.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Now I have an excuse for a cream colored blouse… LOL!

1 Like

Oh, how well I know the difficulties of ‘this shouldn’t be too hard…’ crafts! Your skirt looks really good! The lace trim is the perfect finishing effect!

3 Likes

Fantastic job! The fabric is so lovely.

2 Likes

Nice job! The trim really makes it.

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

You picked the perfect fabric for that trim. It looks fantastic and so do you!

1 Like

Awww… thanks! :heart:

1 Like

The trim is perfect for that fabric, it all looks great!

1 Like